[NL2-NL10] AKs at 50nl

• Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      On the turn the check back i thought was weak so i thought i would be able to take it down but im not sure what i could of represented.... Is it ok to bluff at this?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $51.00
      CO:
      $50.00
      BU:
      $38.43
      SB:
      $56.36
      BB:
      $47.75
      UTG1:
      $49.50
      UTG2(Hero):
      $15.70
      MP1:
      $59.22
      MP2:
      $58.49

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, A.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, 4 folds, BU calls $2.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) T, 3, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BU calls $2.50.

Turn: ($9.75) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($9.75) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.50, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.75.
  • 6 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      I would check the river too against an unknown...
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      I had stats on him but im not sure how to put them on a hand history.... He was nitty and by checking on the turn i felt he was really weak. My ak wasn't beating anything tbh so i would rather take a stab at it.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      well if u r using the elephatn u have the option of hiding or showing opponents stats ... in the hands section... bottom right.. there are some option ... try them out cuz i am not really sure which button activates the stats to be seen...
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      I use holdem manager so if anyone knows how to add stats please comment :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Swire,

it's nice hand until river. I don't really like your bluff in this spot. As played, your opponent is most likely holding a missed draw and against that you're already ahead with AK, so you will win the showdown. On the other hand, I don't see any hand villain would call flop, cb turn and then fold to your river shove that would be better than yours(a bluff is useless if you can't make any hand fold that is better than yours). For this reason I just c/f river or c/c if your opponent has a tendency to bluff often.

Originally posted by Swire
      I use holdem manager so if anyone knows how to add stats please comment :)
      As far as I know, the only option is to replay the hand, pop-up villain's stats, then printscreen, cut out the stats, get image host on the web and put the pic on the forum. Pretty complicated, but I don't think there's another way.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Swire
      .... Is it ok to bluff at this?

If BU is nitty enough then perhaps. If BU is solid post-flop then definitely not since your hand is pretty much face-up.

A decent villain might be able to reason along the following lines: EP raise from solid shortie and flop cbet w/entire range(decent PP's ,big aces). Very drawy board on turn and shortie doesn't protect his hand with a bet;shortie probably has OC's (not :diamond: :diamond:) .Shortie stabs river with a card which hardly ever helps him therefore I snapcall w/any pair.