Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($12.10)
      BB ($10.15)
      UTG ($11.15)
      CO ($12.90)
      BTN ($10.75)

Dealt to Hero A:club: Q:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, BB raises to $1.20, UTG calls $1.10, Hero calls $0.80

FLOP ($3.60) A:diamond: J:diamond: 8:heart:

Hero checks, BB bets $2, UTG folds, Hero raises to $8.50, BB raises to $8.95 (AI), Hero calls $0.45

Even though I had only 50 hands on BB (21/21/5.0), he had 3-bet % of 9 . On flop I decided to c/r for some reason, to get action from his worse hands prolly.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't mind the play, we're getting stacked by better hands anyway once we get there, so we need only worry about getting value from worse hands.

If we were heads-up donking out representing some kind of weak made hand / draw might induce shoves worse made hands "for protection", however with the fish in the pot it probably looks too strong for us to donk out. That leaves checking hoping he c-bets his air on this A-high flop anyway.

When he bets so small on this awfully drawy texture it doesn't really look like he's very strong, but then again he could just be trying to string the fish along. However since there are so many cards we don't want to see on the turn and he could very well be trying to draw cheap, i think check/shoving is the only option without better reads. NH.

Hope it helps.