[NL20-NL50] A8 on A98s 4bettet (Oo)

• AceOnRiver
      Known players:

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , 8:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,50, BU raises to $5,25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $14,50, BU calls $9,25.

Flop: ($29,75) 9:club: , 8:club: , A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $14,50, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $29,75

Well id like to bluffinduce in 4bettet pot but, he'd either go broke anyway or cb his tt-qq i win nothing with check right ?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz

Preflop: I don't like the 4bet at all, do you have any 3bet stats on him? If yes then give them also. Otherwise I would likely just fold after his 3bet. A8o is just too often dominated by any other Ax hand which he can likely Call.

As played
      Flop: Pretty standard CBet, we have to bet out here to protect our hand and also extract value from weaker ones.

Best regards,
    • AceOnRiver
      Preflop: he has 17% 3bet
      Co vs Button needs to be balanced, if i do not play some 4bet bluffs here i have to reduce my stealing range a lot or go broke really light.
      If i 4bet bluff i think A8 is a decent hand because of the card removal, i dont except any hands that domninate me to call, that might be true for 3bet but this is a 4bettet pot.

Im not sure if i have to bet to extract value from weaker heands, if he did indeed call with some strong Ax he is going to bet.
      If he has a flushdraw with the pot beeing this size he is most likely going to push. Again i do not think that protection is as important asbluffinduce at this potsize, however u could legitimately ask what kind of hand he could bluff with at this spot

Anyway thanks for your analysis, is kaitz on vacation ?