pablomeza
      Bronze
      Known players:       
      BB:
      $56.47
      Hero:
      $5.00

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.71 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , J:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) A:diamond: , 8:spade: , Q:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.25, BB calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.60) K:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.60) 4:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $4.60, Hero...?

Should I have bet Turn when I hit 2nd pair with J kicker? I think I'd only be isolating and committing myself against any Ax's though, and after his donk bet in the river, I figure it's more for value but I do have the 2nd best pair on the table and he didn't show strength on the A flop so I had a tough decision there.
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey pablomeza,

nice hand preflop, on the flop and turn. On the river I just give up as I don't see any worse hand betting there except a pure bluff. There are also no missed draws that could try to bluff the river because the board is so dry, so I find a bluff even less probable.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Thanks for the review burek2000, I did indeed fold to that mega bet as I still had 11 BB's behind me. Good to know I made the right call :) .
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pablomeza
      Thanks for the review burek2000, I did indeed fold to that mega bet as I still had 11 BB's behind me. Good to know I made the right call :) .
      Not necessarily the right call :) but probably the wisest :D The only way to know if you have make the right call is to call or raise :D But you will often find that you have made the wrong call