This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KJo steal (NL25)

• pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Known players:       
      BB:
      $56.47
      Hero:
      $5.00

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.71 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , J:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) A:diamond: , 8:spade: , Q:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.25, BB calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.60) K:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.60) 4:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $4.60, Hero...?

Should I have bet Turn when I hit 2nd pair with J kicker? I think I'd only be isolating and committing myself against any Ax's though, and after his donk bet in the river, I figure it's more for value but I do have the 2nd best pair on the table and he didn't show strength on the A flop so I had a tough decision there.
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey pablomeza,

nice hand preflop, on the flop and turn. On the river I just give up as I don't see any worse hand betting there except a pure bluff. There are also no missed draws that could try to bluff the river because the board is so dry, so I find a bluff even less probable.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Thanks for the review burek2000, I did indeed fold to that mega bet as I still had 11 BB's behind me. Good to know I made the right call :) .
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pablomeza
      Thanks for the review burek2000, I did indeed fold to that mega bet as I still had 11 BB's behind me. Good to know I made the right call :) .
      Not necessarily the right call :) but probably the wisest :D The only way to know if you have make the right call is to call or raise :D But you will often find that you have made the wrong call