This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QJo steal

• pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Known players:       
      UTG2:
      $13.48
      Hero:
      $5.00

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.71 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , J:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0.25, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.85) 2:club: , T:diamond: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.50, Hero...?

Overcards and backdoor straight on dry board against a mini donk. Easy fold with 15 BB's still behind me despite the mini donk and a 'big' pot?
  • 3 replies
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Of course. You have 2 overcards and no straight draw, easy fold imo
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey pablomeza,

any stats or reads on the villain? If not I would prefer to let isolation raise go this time and wait for a better hand.

As played, if you want to continue in this hand you would have to shove your remaining stack and since your hand is pretty weak(just 2 OCs and a BDFD) I prefer to just give up and wait for a better opportunity.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Thanks burek2000, I actually took the shoving route and villain showed 87o for an OESD which didn't complete so I won with QJ high :) , but I'm guessing this isn't a very +EV move so I will not be doing this anymore.