$2.23
      BU:
      $1.86
      SB:
      $3.80
      BB:
      $0.82

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, 4 folds, MP3 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.53) 3, 5, 8 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2.17(All-In), Hero calls $1.99(All-In).

Turn: ($4.69) 9 (2 players)

River: ($4.69) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.69.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(Kh Ac).
      MP3 shows three of a kind, eights(8d 8s).

MP3 wins with three of a kind, eights(8d 8s).
  • 3 replies
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      I think you should fold flop.

A nut flush draw is a good hand but you are not getting anywhere the odds you need to call that overbet.

Also he's not going to donk out like that on that kind of board with nothing. You are way behind considering his range, including flushes and sets.
    • BRATZE2010
      BRATZE2010
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michaelqian

A nut flush draw is a good hand but you are not getting anywhere the odds you need to call that overbet.

Also he's not going to donk out like that on that kind of board with nothing. You are way behind considering his range, including flushes and sets.
      I would agree. Just fold and wait till you get the flush on the flop. If he plays his sets like this all the time, you know that you get paid...
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by michaelqian

This. We advice you to play your draws strong when you're actually the one doing the betting, but you shouldn't get caught up in calling off your stack with them when you have no fold equity. Unless you have a reason to believe he's shoving naked overcards with a worse club in that spot you don't have odds to call it off.

Hope it helps.