[NL2-NL10] NL10 QQ, OP with FD

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

[U]borunjan: 12/8 25 No reads. but this was his stats after the short session[/U].

Stacks:
      UTG xxkillxx999 ($8.45)
      UTG+1 mikinas ($10)
      CO Alekseik ($17.10)
      BTN borunjan ($10.10)
      SB Hero ($23.30)
      BB keithwaddle ($14.50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is SB Q:spade: Q:heart:
      xxkillxx999 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, borunjan raises to $1.20, Hero calls $1.15, 1 fold, xxkillxx999 folds

Flop: 4:heart: J:spade: 5:heart: ($2.80, 2 players)
      Hero checks, borunjan bets $2.20, Hero calls $2.20

Turn: 8:heart: ($7.20, 2 players)
      Hero checks, borunjan bets $2, $2 to Hero ($19.9)?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

That's why coldcalling 3-bets out of position is a nasty business. There is really no difference between a guy trying to sucker you in with KK+ and Jx, or even the same player figuring he'll continue to draw cheap with his lone heart.

So you need to make a decision at some point on whether he'll show up with worse than KK+ often enough to warrant you taking the coolers when you're instead up against those, otherwise you'll just end up creating passive dead money without knowing where you're going.

If UTG isn't very tight and you think BU can do that with AK (most common scenario in my opinion) then cold4bet/call preflop to take him off that hand, or call planning to check/shove on non Axy Kxy board. And accept the coolers against KK+.

If UTG is tight and/or BU is really tight than there is a good chance you'll get 4-bet by somebody after coldcalling, and even if you don't, you're probably already flipping/dead against one of them while being out of position, so as weak as it looks it might not even be worth bothering with. Tho Kaitz would kill me for even suggesting that ;) So maybe call preflop anyway and check/call check/fold, but all the money we spent before folding add up in the long run and i think it's a leak against tight nl10 tag ranges.

As played with the flushdraw i'd unhappily call him down.

Hope it helps.