This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Tricky bubble situation

• igor35
      igor35
      Bronze
      Hi all.
      What do you think about this situation and how it should been played?
      10k$ MTT at cake. Goldcard buy-in. We are the bubble with 116 players left and 110 places paid.
      Blinds 150/300
      My stack 1350
      I'm SB with JJ
      Everyone folds. BU with 3000 stack limps in. BB has 5500 chips. I shove. BB calls with KTs, BU folds.

Flop of course is KQ4:)

What do you think? Should I have folded for several reasons like:
      - I have almost no FE
      - because buy-in is not in dollars getting ITM means +27$ and I won't be forced to play blind for the next 7 hand so I will be 100% ITM

On the other hand...how the hell I can fold JJ:) I think it is right to shove but I'm still dissapointed :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry:
  • 5 replies
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      i doubt if its the correct play but i would probably limp here and fold to a raise. then fold on the flop. would never do this at any other time but special situation. on the other hand if BB has been raising a lot, a staright fold looks good here. Even if you double up your chances of moving up the money list are not improved that much. easy $27 for the fold
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      I don't think limping is an option with a 4BB stack...

I guess you were right. BU, the limper, folds.
      So the BB called light and you got unlucky. In MTTs I don't like folding ITM and then bust because I have a 2BB stack.

By the way, I think all the other players made mistakes, don't you agree?
      Limp/Fold with 10BB? Just call that shove from the BB with KTs with someone to act behind?

Keep playing... You'll get their money.
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      easy shove all day long

P.S. dont judge from results, u made right play. what if u had AA and guy hit his 2 pairs would u think of folding then??
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheRebuz
      easy shove all day long

P.S. dont judge from results, u made right play. what if u had AA and guy hit his 2 pairs would u think of folding then??
      QFT
    • igor35
      igor35
      Bronze
      Longer I play more I think that donkey play wins in the long run:) especially on PS:) Thanks for cheering me up guys!