This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh Ak

• Alex147Eddie
      Alex147Eddie
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP) ($10.85)
      CO ($7.40)
      Button ($13.85)
      SB ($10.10)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($11.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, A
      UTG bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.55) 8, 4, 4 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.10, UTG calls $2.10

Turn: ($6.75) A (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $7.55 (All-In), UTG calls $7.55

River: ($21.85) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $21.85 | Rake: $1.05

Results below:
      UTG had 8, 8 (full house, eights over fours).
      Hero had K, A (two pair, Aces and fours).
      Outcome: UTG won $20.80
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say without reads. Since he 4x'ed it preflop and he has a full stack i'm assuming he's at least following some kind of preflop chart, likely a reg. So i'd give him something like medium pocket pairs/AQ, maybe small pocket pairs with stuff like KQs/JTs if he's a bit loose, sometimes a slowplayed QQ+.

On that flop he's not folding anything you don't beat truthfully, so depending on how likely you think he is to fold pairs, you're better off either firing a c-bet and shoving almost any turn to push pairs out, or checking behind trying to get AK-high to showdown or to catch a card.

As played on the turn again it's hard to say, i'd assume most nl10 players would view that A as a big scarecard and might find a fold with stuff like TT when you shove, so i'd bluff there. By the same logic, it's probably not a good card to bet at on the turn for value since it'll scare all worse hands away unless he doesn't have a fold button or he puts you on a bluff. I don't mind the shove, but checking back that turn and making a valuebet on any river designed to get a call from 99-KK/AQ will often prove to yield more value against tags. Sometimes you can even shove the rive,r the simple fact that you didn't bet when the A hit will be enough for them to be convinced you don't have it.

Hope it helps.