[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh Ak

• Alex147Eddie
      Alex147Eddie
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP) ($10.85)
      CO ($7.40)
      Button ($13.85)
      SB ($10.10)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($11.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, A
      UTG bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.55) 8, 4, 4 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.10, UTG calls $2.10

Turn: ($6.75) A (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $7.55 (All-In), UTG calls $7.55

River: ($21.85) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $21.85 | Rake: $1.05

Results below:
      UTG had 8, 8 (full house, eights over fours).
      Hero had K, A (two pair, Aces and fours).
      Outcome: UTG won $20.80
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say without reads. Since he 4x'ed it preflop and he has a full stack i'm assuming he's at least following some kind of preflop chart, likely a reg. So i'd give him something like medium pocket pairs/AQ, maybe small pocket pairs with stuff like KQs/JTs if he's a bit loose, sometimes a slowplayed QQ+.

On that flop he's not folding anything you don't beat truthfully, so depending on how likely you think he is to fold pairs, you're better off either firing a c-bet and shoving almost any turn to push pairs out, or checking behind trying to get AK-high to showdown or to catch a card.

As played on the turn again it's hard to say, i'd assume most nl10 players would view that A as a big scarecard and might find a fold with stuff like TT when you shove, so i'd bluff there. By the same logic, it's probably not a good card to bet at on the turn for value since it'll scare all worse hands away unless he doesn't have a fold button or he puts you on a bluff. I don't mind the shove, but checking back that turn and making a valuebet on any river designed to get a call from 99-KK/AQ will often prove to yield more value against tags. Sometimes you can even shove the rive,r the simple fact that you didn't bet when the A hit will be enough for them to be convinced you don't have it.

Hope it helps.