[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AQo TPTK on high card board.

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
      baiersebo: no reads

Stacks:
      CO baiersebo ($10.15)
      BTN Bekemaja ($5)
      SB OwaruSekai ($7.10)
      BB Hero ($11.15)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) Hero is BB Q:diamond: A:heart:
      baiersebo raises to $0.40, 1 fold, OwaruSekai calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: K:heart: A:diamond: 6:heart: ($1.20, 3 players)
      OwaruSekai checks, Hero checks, baiersebo bets $0.30, OwaruSekai folds, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: 6:spade: ($1.80, 2 players)
      Hero checks, baiersebo bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

River: J:club: ($3, 2 players)
      Hero checks, baiersebo goes all-in $8.85, $8.85 to Hero ($9.85)?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Squeeze it preflop, SB is a fish you'd love to get heads-up in position with AQo in a 3bet pot, and CO looks like some tag so he's folding there a huge percentage of the time if you 3-bet. Even if he's also a fish we're fine bloating the pot with AQ.

On the flop CO is making me look like an idiot because few tags would c-bet 1/4 pot. While it might make for awkward spots on later streets, i probably would just raise that guy's flop c-bet with my top pair. If he had a huge hand he'd likely bet more, barring a read that he always valuebets small regardless of the board, and if he had some flushdraw/gutshot/underpair/Kx that he's going for a cheap showdown with, we don't want that. Flushdraws/gutshots won't pay up on their own on later streets unless they improve, underpairs/Kx likely won't pay us at all anyway unless they bink a 2-outer to beat us, so there is no harm in getting them out of the pot at the same time that we valuetown draws.

Turn makes it look more like he's just valuebetting small with something so i don't mind just calling once we get there. On the river barring a read that he's insane i'm not calling that off, he could have been playing something slow all along, i could also see him play JT/JJ like that, we have to be good too often to make that call without some kind of read that he can play hearts like that and overbet jam a busted draw. When most players overbet, they have the nuts.

Hope it helps.