Push or Fold - What to push, what to Fold

• santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      I saw someone saying in other topic that you shouldn't have a stack of 4.5BB. I agree, BUT...
      I don't know what to push and what to fold when I have 7-10BB. I'm in this spot very often at MTT.

I know that there are many variables in this spot (stacksizes, reads, buble). I try to take these in consideration but I feel that my decision is still to emotional.

To get some answers, lets ignore reads and the buble factor now. Let's say that we are 9 handed, 2 players have >40BB, 4 players have ~20BB, 2 players have <10BB and you have 7-10BB. It's not the final table or the FT buble.

What do you push from MP3-BB (MP3,CO,BU,SB,BB) when that happend before you:

- one limp

- two+ limps

- one raise(2.5xbb)

- one raise(2.5xbb) and a call

- a call and a raise(3.5xbb)

- a raise(2.5xbb) and a push from a shotie

I'm not looking for an exact chart. I know there isn't one for this situation because there are so many variables. I also know that it depends on where the raise/call comes from.
      Is it possible to get answers with this information and try to improve my game or should I just post sample hands with more data?

(sorry about english mistakes)
  • 5 replies
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      instead of having a chart , start thinking. a chart is almost useless actually.

If player A is super tight and he open raises or whether he is super loose and does that changes your action dramatically. also you have to consider stacks behind you , position and how far from the money you are .

if you want to improve with these play FR sngs and then analyze your games with sng wizard..

cheers
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      The same problem I face is donks (mostly big stacks) limping all sorts of hands every hand (including monsters) betting 1xBB every street... If you push too loose they often call you Ax or PP because the feel they can loose the few blinds, and bust you out.

Of course if an tight player enters the hand, you can fold most of your hands according to hand ranges.

So I like the OP question. Which range do we use with limping loose players in the hand and 7-10BB? something like TT+ and AJo+? Or is this waay too tight?
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      Exactly Tampaloeres81.

At this stages I consider limping a mistake and I never do it, but at low limits donkeys do it a lot.

But I don't think only the big stacks do it.
      Sometimes guys with 15-20BB do it. The question is, what would they fold if we push 9BB?
      I think 88+/AJo+ is a push in this case. Maybe KQ, but it sucks to be behind because the donkey called with A3o.

The problem is I'd like to be shoving hands like 22+ from the button, but a limper from MPx makes me hit the brakes...
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      I would push very loosely against limpers. Even if they start "trapping" you by limp/calling Ax and stuff. Your pushing range should include the following: "value" hands and "semibluff" hands. Feel free to push AQ 88 etc as these will be strong. Try to avoid easily dominated hands like A2 and instead push in with hands like 86 suited. Watch for players who are always trapping when they limp but other than that your fold equity when you push should be enough to make lots of seemingly crazy pushes +ev.

If there is a player all in then you need a big edge to call. Basically big pairs and AK if not tighter than that (depending on situation of course)

I do not play much FR sngs but even I know that bad players play too tight in the late stages. Do take advantage :)
    • wquinn636
      wquinn636
      Bronze
      They don't necessarily play too tight, but they push too few cards and call too many and notably don't know when they're pot-committed.