Today I played FL... and ACTUALY ENJOYED IT

• Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Yes, however hard to it is to believe, played a session of FL shorthand that was enjoyable! :P

Okay so its not all that bad! But I have been playin FL since the end of october and without realising it i ended up just trying to get through hands rather than play them, 'get' a winrate rather than earn it, move up in terms of the size of my big bet and the size of my bankroll, not my understanding of the game.

It changes now!!!

Today I played a session of FLSH .25/.50 way below what my bankroll. It was the first time id played FLSH for a week , 2 weeks or so but it was the first time i was actualy playing against my opponents, trying to play better than them, and not getiing frustrated when i didnt win the hand and just checking that I played my hand better than my opponent.

FL So Far..
      I started playing FLSH as I said in the end of october and although I already had something of a bankroll (~$400) from the $150 form PS.com I started playing .15/.30 to get used to the game. Due mainly to running shit hot and the poor standard of opponent i managed to move up to .50/1 pretty quickly as well as having the bankroll support to start with. .50/1 Took a bit more effort but I managed to build a bankroll to $1k ready for FLSH$1/2 about a month ago.

Now it all goes wrong. Or at leats thats how i looked at it which is probably why im writing this blog. I got wupped on $1/2 pretty compreghensively, caught some some bad luck but I started to question my abilty seen as I had only played ~33k total of FLSH which is not a significant sample size. Was I only winning previously only due to a heater? Of course there is no way to answer this question imediatly. Anyway, i moved backed to .50/1 my confidence a bit torn still questioning if I was a winning player. And of course when you dont believe you can win, you really cant! And I didnt, i kept loosing. So i took a little break and even considered moving to NL or PLO,

But I dont give up that easily

Im starting again at .50/1 SH , with a new mindset. I will not strive for a winrate or to get hands in, only to improve my game and out play my oppenents.

But most importantly of all, enjoy playing poker, after all thats what we're here for right ? :P

Status;

Bankroll:$740
      Limit: FLSH .50/1

Even if you didnt read through all that (i cant blame you, but it helped me gather my thoughts) Please follow this blog I need fellow FL to keep me motivated when it gets a little tough again as it invarably will!

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joshquan
      But I dont give up that easily

Im starting again at .50/1 SH , with a new mindset. I will not strive for a winrate or to get hands in, only to improve my game and out play my oppenents.
      FTW. *Inserts hard arse looking shark smilie that doesn't yet exist*

Please follow this blog I need fellow FL to keep me motivated when it gets a little tough again as it invarably will!
      Done dude. The minraise mafia takes care of its own. *Inserts hard arse looking shark smilie that doesn't yet exist x2*

You and me both have the same plan. Killing it like pros this year. :f_thumbsup:
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      I will not strive for a winrate or to get hands in, only to improve my game and out play my oppenents.

This is good because as you may already know sometimes you can play better than everyone else but still loose. :f_biggrin:
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      @Waiboy; haha this actuly funny because when writing it i even looked at the smilies for a "hard arse smile" but none seemed to sufice!!! And thanks for the support, im with you all the way!

@One12ver; yer this is so right and it used to get me frusrated thinking well even with an edge on these donks im still not winning! This has to go, thansk for the support also!