Amplifyds Blog

• amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Hi I'm from the UK and have been playing poker for a couple of years now. Although I've only been playing for real money since august. I signed up here then and got the free $50 and donked it off in about a month or so. Then i redeposited $30 and got it up to (with the help of bonuses/take two from full tilt) about $200. I cashed this out since I needed to concentrate on college work for a bit and recently I deposited $50 again. Played SnG's but got fed up with the repetetiveness of them and decided to give cash games a try.

Started with about $80 and playing NL2 i got this up to $100 where I decided to take a go at NL5. Was forced to move back down and then got back up to a position where I could have a go again. This time I seem to have run pretty well (lol look at graph underneath) and have managed to stay here. Although this is probably just a upswing and I'll be plummeting back down in a few weeks I'd rather not :f_biggrin:

I don't really have any set goals in poker - I just want to become a better player and move up the limits. I probably won't even post here that often - but I thought it might add a bit more structure to the way I play poker. I am going to attempt to play at least 500 hands a day (and preferably 1k) but I am also going to spend a fair amount of time looking at my hands and if I'm losing money studying my game will come before my playing time.

I'm going to follow a BRM of min. 20BI's to move up to a level but when I've moved up to that level I will stick there even if I have 18BI. As soon as I drop below this though I will move down. I feel this buffer might let me move up slightly faster but won't hinder my BR too much if I stick to it. I also let myself play any MTT for which I have 50 BI's in my BR for.

So my current BR is $156 and i'll post my graph below (there are a fair few hands of NL2 and some NL10 SSS on it though - particularly the break even stretch) :

• 3 replies
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Silver
      Hi!

Nice progress there ! Keep it up..
      I ll be checking ur blog out..
      Good luck at the tables;)
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      So I was able to play a fair amount today and got around 2k hands in. I also played in a couple of MTTs (went deep in one was like 10/1xx at one point but then some errors on my behalf and some suckouts put me out).

I'm about $17 up in cash games although I'm not really happy with the way I have been playing today - I have been trying to LAG it up a bit although it has "worked" I don't think some of my plays were that great and I am certainly going to analyse the big pots tomorrow if not later.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Played ~1k hands today but i lost around 3 BI and after playing a few MTTs and not cashing in those either by BR is down to $146. I don't really know why i played today because I knew I wouldn't be playing my best because I also got rejected from Cambridge University today :P I now have to decide though wether I want to go to Warwick or Durham (I'm applying for maths) - if anyone has any thoughts they are welcomed.

So i've decided I am going to stop playing for a while or at least severly cut down my playing time - partly because I feel I am pretty succeptible(sp?) to tilt at the moment and partly because it will do my game good I think. Therefore I am going to spend a week (maybe two) reading articles and watching videos and analysing my own hands. Then hopefully I can come back, absolutely crush NL5 and move up to NL10 as soon as possible.