This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Amplifyds Blog

• amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Hi I'm from the UK and have been playing poker for a couple of years now. Although I've only been playing for real money since august. I signed up here then and got the free $50 and donked it off in about a month or so. Then i redeposited $30 and got it up to (with the help of bonuses/take two from full tilt) about $200. I cashed this out since I needed to concentrate on college work for a bit and recently I deposited $50 again. Played SnG's but got fed up with the repetetiveness of them and decided to give cash games a try.

Started with about $80 and playing NL2 i got this up to $100 where I decided to take a go at NL5. Was forced to move back down and then got back up to a position where I could have a go again. This time I seem to have run pretty well (lol look at graph underneath) and have managed to stay here. Although this is probably just a upswing and I'll be plummeting back down in a few weeks I'd rather not :f_biggrin:

I don't really have any set goals in poker - I just want to become a better player and move up the limits. I probably won't even post here that often - but I thought it might add a bit more structure to the way I play poker. I am going to attempt to play at least 500 hands a day (and preferably 1k) but I am also going to spend a fair amount of time looking at my hands and if I'm losing money studying my game will come before my playing time.

I'm going to follow a BRM of min. 20BI's to move up to a level but when I've moved up to that level I will stick there even if I have 18BI. As soon as I drop below this though I will move down. I feel this buffer might let me move up slightly faster but won't hinder my BR too much if I stick to it. I also let myself play any MTT for which I have 50 BI's in my BR for.

So my current BR is $156 and i'll post my graph below (there are a fair few hands of NL2 and some NL10 SSS on it though - particularly the break even stretch) :

• 3 replies
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Hi!

Nice progress there ! Keep it up..
      I ll be checking ur blog out..
      Good luck at the tables;)
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      So I was able to play a fair amount today and got around 2k hands in. I also played in a couple of MTTs (went deep in one was like 10/1xx at one point but then some errors on my behalf and some suckouts put me out).

I'm about $17 up in cash games although I'm not really happy with the way I have been playing today - I have been trying to LAG it up a bit although it has "worked" I don't think some of my plays were that great and I am certainly going to analyse the big pots tomorrow if not later.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Played ~1k hands today but i lost around 3 BI and after playing a few MTTs and not cashing in those either by BR is down to $146. I don't really know why i played today because I knew I wouldn't be playing my best because I also got rejected from Cambridge University today :P I now have to decide though wether I want to go to Warwick or Durham (I'm applying for maths) - if anyone has any thoughts they are welcomed.

So i've decided I am going to stop playing for a while or at least severly cut down my playing time - partly because I feel I am pretty succeptible(sp?) to tilt at the moment and partly because it will do my game good I think. Therefore I am going to spend a week (maybe two) reading articles and watching videos and analysing my own hands. Then hopefully I can come back, absolutely crush NL5 and move up to NL10 as soon as possible.