Help me with BRM!

• rah33m
      rah33m
      Bronze
      So my roll right now is at 30 dollars and i like to play in MTT and SNG sometimes i will do 1 table tourneys or cash game. I am pretty good my main problem is that once i will lets say 70 buks in a tourney i think i am the shit and i join stakes too high for me. I cant help it either how can i control this and play in my limits?
  • 4 replies
    • Pokstaz
      Pokstaz
      Bronze
      You have control yourself, that much I can say
    • rah33m
      rah33m
      Bronze
      yea its tough though like rite now i just won 90 buks and now i got the urge to play 5 dollar buyin instead of 1 or 2
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      hi. It really comes down to luck with such a short BR, when playing SNGs or MTTs. Telling from experience :) .

I suggest you stay away from super-turbo SNGs and regular Re-buy tourneys, as they are a major money sink without proper BR. Especially in super turbo 3.5$ variance is extremely high and players have gotten much better than say 2 years ago.

To play in larger tournaments try to qualify through satellites. There is a regular 1 dollar qualifier to LBT for instance (250k GTD) and .5+.1 satellite to 22 buck double duce, those are rather soft imho. You can also do those repeatedly, getting tournament dollars.

If you are in US time zone try playing the 1 and 4 dollar token frenzy tourneys, as they will give you tokens you could use to enter 26 dollar events.

There are 4.4 dollar SNGs for a 26 dollar token, 10$ to 2nd place, but those tend to be difficult due to very tight play by everyone and not really worth it, considering that you could win almost as much playing a regular 5 dollar sng.

Try playing with filters, sort out tournaments with BI between 5-30 bucks and look inside those for cheap qualifiers.

Also 4-6 tabling FR NL5 SSS can give you some cash, if you follow the strategy. SSS is good for getting FTP points > strategy points > gaining access to Silver & Gold articles.
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      you could be a top player but if you can't discipline yourself with the most basic of BRM strategy's you just aint gonna get anywhere.