This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Help me with BRM!

• rah33m
      rah33m
      Bronze
      So my roll right now is at 30 dollars and i like to play in MTT and SNG sometimes i will do 1 table tourneys or cash game. I am pretty good my main problem is that once i will lets say 70 buks in a tourney i think i am the shit and i join stakes too high for me. I cant help it either how can i control this and play in my limits?
  • 4 replies
    • Pokstaz
      Pokstaz
      Bronze
      You have control yourself, that much I can say
    • rah33m
      rah33m
      Bronze
      yea its tough though like rite now i just won 90 buks and now i got the urge to play 5 dollar buyin instead of 1 or 2
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      hi. It really comes down to luck with such a short BR, when playing SNGs or MTTs. Telling from experience :) .

I suggest you stay away from super-turbo SNGs and regular Re-buy tourneys, as they are a major money sink without proper BR. Especially in super turbo 3.5$ variance is extremely high and players have gotten much better than say 2 years ago.

To play in larger tournaments try to qualify through satellites. There is a regular 1 dollar qualifier to LBT for instance (250k GTD) and .5+.1 satellite to 22 buck double duce, those are rather soft imho. You can also do those repeatedly, getting tournament dollars.

If you are in US time zone try playing the 1 and 4 dollar token frenzy tourneys, as they will give you tokens you could use to enter 26 dollar events.

There are 4.4 dollar SNGs for a 26 dollar token, 10$ to 2nd place, but those tend to be difficult due to very tight play by everyone and not really worth it, considering that you could win almost as much playing a regular 5 dollar sng.

Try playing with filters, sort out tournaments with BI between 5-30 bucks and look inside those for cheap qualifiers.

Also 4-6 tabling FR NL5 SSS can give you some cash, if you follow the strategy. SSS is good for getting FTP points > strategy points > gaining access to Silver & Gold articles.
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      you could be a top player but if you can't discipline yourself with the most basic of BRM strategy's you just aint gonna get anywhere.