SnG Turbos - Please help

• Nastypasty
      Nastypasty
      Bronze
      Hi All

I guess I am looking for a few simple pointers as to how to beat the $1 Party Poker SnG turbos. My stats are rubbish for this game, and I want to improve.

Is there a good strategy to stick to?

I just have no idea how to play this level. Within like 15-20 hands the blinds are already 200/400 and players become very loose with their open push range - Should I play very tight until 10BB and then play push fold? For example, only be limping pockets for set value, raising premium hands, only open-stealing from late position and completing SB to 2+limpers with good potential hands (high suited cards, suited connectors etc)??

Or should I be looking to get involved in more pots so I can increase my chips early on - kind of like keeping my head above water simply to beat the very harsh blind structure. I think this only because otherwise I just sit back and get blinded out, then play push/fold and get called down by some bigstack fool with J2o. These guys dont understand ICM and make so many bad calls which seem to work out. (I know... Variance...)

PP dont offer a better SnG structure at this buyin level, and I now see building a bankroll in these SnGs as a personal challenge, and one I must achieve. So any good ideas will be very welcome.

Thank you
  • 4 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      Originally posted by Nastypasty
      Should I play very tight until 10BB and then play push fold? For example, only be limping pockets for set value, raising premium hands, only open-stealing from late position and completing SB to 2+limpers with good potential hands (high suited cards, suited connectors etc)??
      This and learn push fold charts asap.
    • antonin87
      antonin87
      Bronze
      yeah i had a same problem..its better now i have a ROI 7.2percent which is nice and in last two weeks i have played over 350of them. but i have to tell you man the varience is huge. i multitable 6 tables which i found just enought to maintain in the same time..
      my stategy is same like every SnG..dont split your chips in first Blinds levels unless you have monster hand. which for me unless i have monster im very tight till blinds are 100/200. In that time usually at least 2 players are out im not short even i didnt played a hand. and then i become aggresive with everything which makes sence to push. im not giving up my blinds anymore, trying to steal from SB and Button. most of the time i find myself in last four on bubble and there you need to be lucky sometimes. as i said the varience is huge..
      what i found as good training is before every session now im doing always 100 hands in ICM trainer..i mean everytime!!! this is helping me to refresh the push situations in to action as you do not have much time to have a look in to push or fold charts when multitabling..
      hope that it will help you, but im not expert(yet)
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      do you use the ICM push/fold ranges at $1 sng?

i have been playing fulltilt superturbs and find the ICM is waaaay too loose pushing for peoples loose as calling ranges. ive only played a couple of hundred but i think a tighter pushing range is better?

any thoughts?
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      do you use the ICM push/fold ranges at $1 sng?

i have been playing fulltilt superturbs and find the ICM is waaaay too loose pushing for peoples loose as calling ranges. ive only played a couple of hundred but i think a tighter pushing range is better?

any thoughts?
      Get sit n go Wiz to get what ranges you can push into what calling range.