[NL2-NL10] Fr Nl $5 Bss

• c4t0r
      c4t0r
      Bronze
      First of all i am not sure how often i should post hands on this forum: I would obiously like to post as many of them as possible, however i think that would be abuse :D

How many hands may i post per day/week/month/year ?

Ok. Lets post a few hands then:

1.)

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      MP2:
      $2,62
      CO:
      $3,28
      Hero:
      $4,55
      BU:
      $6,84
      UTG+1:
      $2,63
      MP3:
      $4,82
      UTG+2:
      $1,87
      MP1:
      $2,04
      SB:
      $3,25

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , A:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,04, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,24, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,44, MP2 folds, CO calls $0,20.

Reraise according to the SHC v1.1

Flop: ($0,94) Q:club: , 6:diamond: , 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,50, CO raises to $1,00, Hero calls $0,50.

Continuation bet. I am not sure if it was correct to call that raise...

Turn: ($2,94) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, CO raises to $1,84 (All-In).

I think that bet cost me a lot of money and was probably very bad play...

River: ($6,78) T:club:

Final Pot: $6,78

2.)

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      CO:
      $9,01
      BU:
      $2,46
      Hero:
      $5,40
      MP1:
      $2,30
      UTG+2:
      $5,68
      UTG+1:
      $3,03
      MP3:
      $1,94
      MP2:
      $8,94
      UTG:
      $5,44
      BB:
      $0,34

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , 7:club:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0,04, 2 folds, CO calls $0,04, BU calls $0,04, Hero calls $0,02, BB checks.

Call from SB position according to SHC v1.1

Flop: ($0,20) A:spade: , A:heart: , T:spade: (5 players)
      Hero bets $0,04, BB calls $0,04, MP1 raises to $0,16, CO raises to $0,28, BU folds, Hero calls $0,24, BB raises to $0,30 (All-In), MP1 calls $0,14, CO calls $0,02, Hero calls $0,02.

Here is the point were i am not sure if it was correct to call these 2 raises (There could well be one of the Villains that holds an Ace with a better kicker, what exactly are the odds for that to happen?)

Turn: ($1,40) J:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0,44, CO calls $0,44, Hero calls $0,44.

To call or not to call?

River: ($2,72) T:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $2,72

3.)

UTG+1:
      $3,81
      UTG+2:
      $6,48
      MP1:
      $5,57
      MP2:
      $5,44
      MP3:
      $4,45
      BB:
      $4,72
      UTG:
      $8,58
      Hero:
      $5,10
      SB:
      $1,76
      CO:
      $2,88

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:spade:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0,14, SB calls $0,12, BB folds.

Raise according to SHC v1.1

Flop: ($0,32) 7:club: , 2:diamond: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,30, SB raises to $0,60, Hero raises to $0,90, SB calls $0,30.

Was it correct to reraise here with JJ overpair with Villain having called the PF raise (he might be on an higher PP, or maybe he flopped his set)?

Turn: ($2,12) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2,12) T:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,72 (All-In), Hero calls $0,72.

I was really scared he migh have a flush here, however because of his aggressive play on the flop i rather thought he had a pocketpair or maybe a set, so i took that All-In for a semi-bluff...

Final Pot: $3,56

*EDIT Results have been removed *EDIT
  • 5 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Hand1:
      fold flop.

Hand2:
      I would play check/raise here I think. If my raise gets reraised, I would just call and play check/call turn+river.

Hand3:
      dno actually, SSS players should never limp so hard to give a handrange for him :rolleyes:
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Stop min betting (hand 2) and min reraising (hands 1 and 3)! It shows your strength while giving your opponents good odds to draw, bad combination! There are times when it is the optimum move, but these are very rare and you aren't experienced enough to even be thinking about it.

Hand 1: make a proper reraise, about $0.80. Continuation bet is well sized for a miss on this board and you must fold to a raise of any size. As played, getting all in on the turn is okay at this limit against an unknown.

Hand 2: don't min bet the flop! I'd suggest that a check/raise will let you know where you're at or let you get out if there's too much action before it's back to you. As played, the raise and min reraise already looks like too much action, just get out of there. The turn's mixed news, mainly you're more likely to be splitting, which is good for your hand. I don't think you can fold there. Bet a little on the river, if nobody else had an A in the first place you might get some money from a T who thinks he might be good.

Hand 3: short stacks aren't necessarily SSS players and this one certainly isn't. Don't give fishy short stacks much credit, especially at NL5, just put him all in after his flop min raise as the board's drawy and a JJ overpair is vulnerable. I expect you to be called and win a lot of the time.
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      hmm, yeah, I mixed hand3 stack sizes with NL10 and 1,76$ is actually medium stack in NL5 :rolleyes:
    • c4t0r
      c4t0r
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot guys :) ! Is there a rule of thumb for the amount to reraise (at least PF maybe)?
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      A starting point would be the pot size raise, which is now easier to calculate thanks to the total pot display on tables (you've seen that, I presume). Take that figure and add twice the current bet, raise to that and you have a pot size raise (it gives your opponent the same odds to call as betting pot does, 2:1).

You'll probably find that this is a bit large for many situations (much as betting pot is, IMO), but it's definitely better than min raising all the time.