Stacks:
      UTG jkhill2 ($4.30)
      UTG+1 Gayy ($15.15)
      CO bifffff ($11.95)
      BTN Hero ($10)
      SB tchaz00 ($22.95)
      BB PennyBags999 ($19.20)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN A:spade: J:spade:
      jkhill2 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, jkhill2 calls $0.60

Flop: 5:club: Q:diamond: A:club: ($1.95, 2 players)
      jkhill2 bets $0.90, $0.9 to Hero ($9.1)?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

I might consider just Calling there and let him barrel with weaker hand on turn again, it could be that he has some kind of Qx hand and tries to do something dumb and can still make mistakes with such hand on turn with his 2nd barrel (might think you are drawing). And if he checks on turn then I am just shipping my money.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      The board is rather drawy though.
      There are so many cards that are ugly. Including 2 pairs.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Prelop: imhhhhhho I don't see many merits to 3bet here.Even he is fish but he is raising 7% total,his raise from UTG can be much less.From my experience bad players like to raise only top hands.By 3beting him you isolate yourself against top of his range.By calling you retain some worse hands.Another reason not 3bet him is his stack size-bad pot odds when he shoves.AJs against top 7% is 41% vs 58%.So for 3bet you need some meta reasons.
      Flop:tptk in 3bet pot,low SPR situation-you can do what you want-slowplay,jam ,you are not folding this hand.Imho here you are beat good amount of the time,that wet board is insignificant when such small stack size left.Slowplay as Rensu said maibe can retain some worse hands.If he is tight postflop,you can jam using max FE but anyway this situation is -EV or close to 0 .
      :f_confused:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by dallievas
      Hi,
      Prelop: imhhhhhho I don't see many merits to 3bet here.Even he is fish but he is raising 7% total,his raise from UTG can be much less.From my experience bad players like to raise only top hands.By 3beting him you isolate yourself against top of his range.By calling you retain some worse hands.Another reason not 3bet him is his stack size-bad pot odds when he shoves.AJs against top 7% is 41% vs 58%.So for 3bet you need some meta reasons.
      Flop:tptk in 3bet pot,low SPR situation-you can do what you want-slowplay,jam ,you are not folding this hand.Imho here you are beat good amount of the time,that wet board is insignificant when such small stack size left.Slowplay as Rensu said maibe can retain some worse hands.If he is tight postflop,you can jam using max FE but anyway this situation is -EV or close to 0 .
      :f_confused:
      I tend to agree with dallievas on the preflop play, tho with only 15 hands on the guy it's hard to make a mistake either way.

On the flop i think this guy has a made hand or a draw more often than a bluff when he donks like that, and i don't think he's ever folding Ax nor a draw if you shove. Maybe he folds Qx, but he'd probably be able to let it go if you just call the flop because he's unlikely to bet again with it and you'll have to jam the turn into him when he checks. I'd rather get it over with on the flop against mostly an unknown, and blame it on variance/the preflop 3bet if he shows me a better hand.

Hope it helps.