This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 KQs ip in a3-bet pot

• Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $39,56
      Hero:
      $27,81

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, SB raises to $3,50, BB folds, Hero calls $2,50.

Usually i dont continue in the hand with such hands like Kq,Kj,K10...when faced with a 3-bet. This time I was tilting from some beats and misplayed hands!

Flop: ($7,25) 7:diamond: , 4:heart: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $5,16, Hero?

What is the best play here? fold/call/shove
  • 3 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

as you called preflop with a marginal hand and you flop nearly perfectly it's time to play for stacks.
      Although I assume that villain has some strong pair TT+ which he won't fold on that perfect flop for him.
      So I'd just reraise to 16,50-17,50$ and call shove to give him the opportunity to fold AJ, AQ, AK...
      Shove looks a loooot like flush draw especially when villain knows you could call 3-bets in position with SCs.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you reraise to 14$, you have 5$ left, so to increase your fold equity I´d shove on the flop
      even if it looks like a draw, I doubt Sb would call it off with AK/AQ/AJ, since hero could also shove with overpair.
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
      Ok, I did shove on the flop and he unfortunately called with Ah5h and I lost this pot but I wanted to know your opinion and if it is a good play in the long run.thx