[NL20-NL50] Nl25 KQs ip in a3-bet pot

• Crokid
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, SB raises to $3,50, BB folds, Hero calls $2,50.

Usually i dont continue in the hand with such hands like Kq,Kj,K10...when faced with a 3-bet. This time I was tilting from some beats and misplayed hands!

Flop: ($7,25) 7:diamond: , 4:heart: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $5,16, Hero?

What is the best play here? fold/call/shove
  • 3 replies
    • AninIII

as you called preflop with a marginal hand and you flop nearly perfectly it's time to play for stacks.
      Although I assume that villain has some strong pair TT+ which he won't fold on that perfect flop for him.
      So I'd just reraise to 16,50-17,50$ and call shove to give him the opportunity to fold AJ, AQ, AK...
      Shove looks a loooot like flush draw especially when villain knows you could call 3-bets in position with SCs.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
    • Kaitz20
      if you reraise to 14$, you have 5$ left, so to increase your fold equity I´d shove on the flop
      even if it looks like a draw, I doubt Sb would call it off with AK/AQ/AJ, since hero could also shove with overpair.
    • Crokid
      Ok, I did shove on the flop and he unfortunately called with Ah5h and I lost this pot but I wanted to know your opinion and if it is a good play in the long run.thx