Poker Tournament Formula by Arnold Snyder

• noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Anyone read or test ideas found in this book in MTTs with any success? I think this book is turning me into some kind of super-lag guy who 3-barrels all the time with air. For those who have not read it.... here are some of his ideas:

UTG raising range: AJ+ 77+ (little looser than in cash games)

"Basic" position strategy: Open raise any two from button, cutoff and hijack positions. Call a 3-4bb raise with any 2 from button. Postflop: if it is checked to you, you bet, if an opponent bets you fold.

Ive only played one tournament with it. I got my stack up to 4200 before busting out in 2 big hands. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few that I play though.
  • 4 replies
    • VheroM
      VheroM
      Bronze
      I thought that those were pretty common ways of playing. Trying to be always in position, even with crappy cards and trying to stay out of the harms way while OOP.

Is it well written? Some poker books have good ideas but horrible way of writing.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      I found it a good read. A lot of unique ideas are presented in the two books. It is well written and easy to understand. Just a lot of new ideas that I haven't tried that seem crazy. He says that a loose aggressive approach is the only way to beat MTTs.

Everyone says that position should be relied on more than cards. The author explains HOW (important !!!)

I'd definitely recommend it
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      i'm interested. Write about your experiments. :)
    • wquinn636
      wquinn636
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noclaninator
      I found it a good read. A lot of unique ideas are presented in the two books. It is well written and easy to understand. Just a lot of new ideas that I haven't tried that seem crazy. He says that a loose aggressive approach is the only way to beat MTTs.

Everyone says that position should be relied on more than cards. The author explains HOW (important !!!)

I'd definitely recommend it
      Haha, I love how everyone who releases a book about poker claims that their way is the only way.

Sounds like there's some interesting stuff in there though.