[NL20-NL50] Nl 25 Sh Tt

• Ensyfer
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, T.
      MP2 raises to $0.75, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.65, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.75) 7, 8, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.75, MP2 raises to $13.00, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.5.

Villain:33/13/2,4/31 wtsd/85 hands

Didnt wont 3 bet and then fold to a 4bet, so i just called.

What to do on such flop? His range seems pretty strong with 9% EP raise. If i raise here, i think i can get a fold from AK,AQ,AJ,AT. After he raises me i think i am way behind. Can i just call here on flop? I decided not to do it cuz nothing changes if another low card hits, and if for instance turn is a K or Q this is a perfect card for his range even if he has just overcards.

Raising such flop is basically turning my hand into a bluff, but do i have any better alternatives? As said i could call flop - reevaluate turn but my situation only gets worse.

• 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      don´t turn your overpair into bluff at that flop
      you don´t have to c/r low boards, you can also lead out to him, which would also fold out his overcards or maybe he would even float your bet to take it down on the turn, although I doubt it, anyway he´d call with worse hands than yours, like 8x or 99.
      Other option is c/c flop and lead out turn, this play is also very strong and you often get credit for having a hand and if you get raised you know you´re behind and can fold.
      3rd option is to c/c him down or at least on the turn, even if Q or K comes and you know villain is bluffing these card close to 100%.