[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR KK call 3bet Preflop and Call cbet.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I think that I may have made two big mistakes in this hand;
      1) Not 4betting preflop
      2) Calling cbet on a board where he can't have air very much.

Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 458772
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $44.77
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $25.00
      UTG+1: $65.99
      MP1: $24.40
      Hero (MP2): $48.55
      CO: $26.68
      BTN: $26.68

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP2 with K :heart: K :club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1, CO raises to $2.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($4.85) 6 :club: T :club: A :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($9.85) K :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $7.50, Hero raises to $32.75, CO calls $14.43 all in

River: ($53.71) 6 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Villain is 20/20 on first 10 hands.

Lets say if he's normal his 3betting range is TT+ AK On flop I can rule him out of having KK, QQ, JJ as he would just pot control those on the A high board, the other hands in his range are beating me so its an easy C/F.

However, I wasn't sure that his range really was TT+ AK for min3betting me, I think the min3bet means he can be making that with a wider array of PP's and some HighCards, these will now be the air he can cbet on the flop to make me fold my JJ to KK.

Now if he has a wider range like I'm thinking he might he will just fold a lot to my 4bet and maybe even only get it in preflop with KK+ which is bad for me, I call because I'm guessing I can get more value postflop against this wider range than I could by 4betting even though I give his PP's a chance to hit sets.

What do you think, just ship preflop or fold to the cbet if I do just call his pf 3bet?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if player is loose then calling is fine, since if you 4-bet then he would fold very often, ofcourse you can take advantage and start 4-betting a lot more as a bluff, then his shoving range would also get wider and you can 4-bet/call KK rather than calling oop.
      I think calling once on the flop is fine. I would bet once with JJ/QQ/bluffs, since if you check then you never know where you at in your hand and on A high players don´t make too many moves, so you can easily take there b/f line.
      NL 25 regulars might not think that way, but I suppose most of them think c-bet is good at that spot.
      I like your turn c/rai. Seems that he has draw or quite strong hand, so shovijng is ok after turn bet. Both ways you´re protecting your hand and getting value
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply, Very helpful.

When you say bet with QQ, JJ, bluffs do you mean betting turn after the cbet or donkbetting flop?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      no, I meant that bluffs and QQ/JJ should likely only fire one barrel on the flop, since if you c/c flop, then players don´t expect you to fold to turn bet too many times, so they try to go to showdown or give up.