This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR AK Trips 3 hearts on board.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 458807
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+2: $33.80
      MP1: $52.33
      MP2: $54.96
      Hero (CO): $70.09
      BTN: $48.10
      SB: $22.40
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $84.35
      UTG+1: $49.95

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with A :heart: K :diamond:
      2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $1, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.35) K :heart: K :club: 9 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1.75, UTG+2 raises to $4, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($10.35) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $7.00, UTG+2 calls $7

River: ($24.35) 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $22.00, UTG+2 calls $21.80 all in

Villain is the same as in this hand; NL25 FR AK Top Two.

It should now be noted that in that hand villain showed up with K8.

Ok, on to the hand, Villain is opening 10 or 11% in EP according to stats. I'm unsure whether to 3bet or not so I decide to just call and play it postflop in position. Good Idea?

Flop; Now His Check/Raise can be many things including air, worse trips, some Flush Draws maybe even a flopped Full-House but after last time he indicated his intent to make this play with a wide range so I elect to call and let him bluff me on later streets.

Turn; I decide that I have to bet/fold here to get value out of worse trips, 1 card FD's and maybe even some worse hands that I am sure he is capable of spewing with.

River; Now he checks I am sure he does not have the Flush, or a Full-House due to his general lack of aggression this time, I put him on more like TT to QQ or some sort of Kx hands, probably Kx that just cannot fold so I ship it.

Good/Bad Line? Maybe a bit too risky?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      call pf is fine, although against bad player I´d likely jujst 3-bet, since he would be oop and with worse hands that we dominate.
      Also if he 4-bets or shoves I would shove or call.
      Flop play is fine. I think he can easily bluffing there and you don´t afraid anything
      Don´t b/f turn. You have trips+ace high flushdraw nd he can easily shove Kx
      River is easy shove