This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AKs How aggressive should I be?

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $5.45
      CO:
      $13.65
      BU:
      $2.80
      SB(Hero):
      $10.00
      BB:
      $14.25
      MP2:
      $13.10

BB: No reads
      I'm thinking I should have just shoved on the turn.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($1.1) 9, T, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, BB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $0.75.

Turn: ($4.1) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $3.10, Hero calls $3.10.

River: ($10.3) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $9.15(All-In), Hero calls $4.90.

Final Pot: $24.35.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(Kc Ac).
      BB shows two pairs, fives and fours(4c 5d).

BB wins with two pairs, fives and fours(4c 5d).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well it all depends on the flop raising range you give him. Against an unknown who's minraising and thus bad, we can probably put a ton of crappy pair+draw hands in there, especially KJ/KQ. Not sure i'd put many pure bluffs cause it's usually not a board people want to screw around on, and i certainly wouldn't give him much credit for going neither 2 nor 3 streets with it.

If he looks tight i prefer to bet/call flop and check the turn to him, mostly to fold if he fires big. Otherwise I'd likely take a funky bet/call flop donk turn line on a blank, to prevent a check back and maybe induce a jam from pair+draw hands that have no idea what they're doing (they minraised the flop after all).

Bet/call flop check/shove turn is more suited to people you know can barrel the turn again with worse hands for sure, as a way to force those hands to commit. I'd likely only take your line against a maniacal type of player, people you know can mindlessly fire with anything all the way.

Hope it helps.