Suggestion - Do not register on BetFred

• phoenix500
      phoenix500
      Bronze
      My money is frozen, Im posting this here to reach as many people as possible:

1. I deposit 36$ to check the site out, turns out I dont like it so I try to cash out

2. I cannot cash out - I contact support, they tell me I need to get 1000 raked
      hands or deposit another 100.

3. I was foolish enough to believe depositing more would solve the problem, at that point 136$ were frozen

4. They changed the restrictions to 3500 points in order to cash out, ridiculous

5. I finally convinced them to let my extra 100$ deposit go, I am still suspicious as I haven't received a confirmation email about my withdrawal like normal with card rooms

6. Now my 36 are still frozen and I just want to gamble them away which is sad really but hey I now know BetFred is a moneytrap.

7. Once I tried playing again, I couldnt join a 5.50 sng because MY ACCOUNT IS RESTRICTED TO LOW LIMITS - this by the way is new because before I could play 5.50 sngs

So guys just dont go there seriously
  • 1 reply
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi phoenix,

We appreciate your frustration and always value feedback/opinions from members, but sounding off here is not going to resolve anything.

Firstly, all poker platforms have requirements in place before they allow a first withdrawal. Often this is a certain points requirement or deposit or period of time etc.
      You should be aware of these are they are in the terms & conditions when you sign up.

Having said this, I would suggest that you contact the BetFred support team and explain that having tried the software, you were not impressed and ask whether it is possible to cancel your account. Whilst not obliged to, they may be willing to do so if you are able to provide (calm & constructive) feedback for them. Please don't just sound off or swear at them, this will not get you anywhere.

The limit restriction is based on your current bankroll and is there for your own benefit. It is never a good idea to just gamble with high stakes and little bankroll. It's always best to grind off the lower levels first, although I appreciate you may not want to if you dislike the software so much.

Hoping you are able to resolve this quickly.

Best regards,

Bart