[NL2-NL10] Nl100

• aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Closing the action, against a min raiser and 2 callers, I get 7:1 for my suited QT. This seemed ok. With 12 outs to the nut straight or second nut flush on the flop, I really want to be all in here. Should I go straight all in on the flop? If I take the pot down, that is a good result for a semi bluff. I decided to bet into the min raiser, giving myself odds to a push against a raise, or on the turn, though I probably should have bet pot size. He hesitated long enough to convince me that he didn't have an Ace.

EDIT: It doesn't say so, but I posted in the CO.

Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50/$1.00BB (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

UTG+2 ($16.75)
      MP1 ($27.60)
      MP2 ($17.50)
      MP3 ($94.90)
      CO ($20.00) (Hero)
      Button ($40.30)
      SB ($127.96)
      BB ($56.25)
      UTG ($110.00)
      UTG+1 ($137.60)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , T:diamond:
      6 folds, Hero checks, Button raises to $2.00, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00,

Flop: J:heart: , 5:diamond: , A:diamond: ( $8 )
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $6.00, Button calls $6.00, 2 folds

Turn: 3:spade: ( $20 )
      Hero raises All-In $12, Button calls $12.00,

River: J:diamond: ( $44 )

Final Pot: $41.80
  • 4 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Maybe instead of betting yourself, you could check/raise if button contibets, I think that creates more fold equity. If button just checks, you get a freecard, which isn't bad either.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi freeroll winner! :D

I also think that a check/raise and/or freecard wouldn't be bad here.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      My feelings about winning the freeroll:
      :D :baby: :D :tongue: :tongue: ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :]

I think you are correct about the check/raise. It is an easy all in after that no matter what. If I do get a freecard though, what happens on the turn if:
      He bets all in? I have not got the odds to call after this turn card. I should be trying to get all in on the flop with 12 outs to pretty much the nuts. A check/raise would do that if he bets, but the free card could be a worry.

So.

I guess if I get to check raise, it would have to be all in.
      If he folds, I win.
      He calls, and I have a winning bet.
      He checks behind, I get a free card, and think again on the turn. Probably still a winning chance.
      He bets all in on the turn after a free card. I fold, unless I made a semi bluff bet here, which I would have to.

So.

C/r is the line. As the preflop aggressor, being last to act, he has to bet this flop, and he may minbet again, encouraging some dead money from the blinds, making my all in a better bet.
      If he checks behind, I make a PSB on the turn, giving me the odds to push my remaining stack to a raise.

How's that?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      If you get a freecard which doesn't help you - like in this case, just check/call on the turn. Don't check/raise all-in on the turn since you don't get the odds to do so.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81