$1.59
      MP1:
      $4.23
      MP3:
      $0.62
      BU:
      $0.98

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , J:diamond:
      MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.10) J:spade: , K:spade: , 6:club: (5 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, BU checks.

I have mid pair here but with so many players in the pot I decided to just check.

Turn: ($0.10) J:club: (5 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, 3 folds, BU calls $0.10.

On the turn I have trips so I decided to bet potsize to protect against flushdraws.

River: ($0.30) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.30, Hero ???

I played check/call here. I have a feeling BU called me with a flushdraw but I'm not sure if he hits it..

Final Pot: $0.90
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd probably raise AJs preflop it's good enough for me against limpers barring reads. Flop is fine you don't want to start bloating such a flop out of position against 4 villains with MPTK.

Afterward it depends on how BU plays. The more likely he is the bet the flop with Kx / raise the turn with Jx, the less worse made hands he can show up with on the river, the less profitable for you to bet out on the river, the more you should be inclined to check/call to avoid your bet getting raised by a blurry unknown range and to maybe bluffcatch a bit against busted spades/straight draws.

Otherwise it's better to bet yourself to get value from Jx Kx and reevaluate when you get raised, call it if it's cheap or if you think he can play a worse Jx like that, fold it it's big or you don't believe he ever raises anything but clubs.

Hope it helps.