This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Sh QQ

• NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      OK, a few questions here...

I had very few hands on villain (8) but in the few he had played he had played them very aggressively. I hadn't played at all while he was at the table.

$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG lpzmad ($5)
      UTG+1 Hero ($34.80)
      CO RearNakedCh8ke ($25)
      BTN balbo_88 ($5.49)
      SB UnLtdNick ($30.53)
      BB bbvinny2009 ($7.88)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 Q:club: Q:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1, RearNakedCh8ke raises to $3.35, 3 folds, Hero calls $2.35

1. I raise MP and he 3-bets from CO... which is better go broke preflop or evaluate, cos I was thinking that most of the time I think I am only getting called by QQ+, AK as my EP range vs unknown, so I decided to call and evaluate on the flop.

Flop: 9:club: 2:heart: A:spade: ($7.05, 2 players)
      Hero checks, RearNakedCh8ke bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

2. The flop I play check/call cos it is an excellent board for him to c-bet if he missed, I expect him to have a range like AQ (J?)+, smaller PPs+, maybe SC's but I dunno for sure, but still it feels weak laying down QQ here. Is there an argument for a donk here? but then you are just turning your hand into a bluff, so opinions would be appreciated.

Turn: 10:diamond: ($14.05, 2 players)
      Hero checks, RearNakedCh8ke bets $5.20, Hero calls $5.20

3. I check, really hoping to see him check behind, and then a less than half pot bet, looks weak... am hating being OOP in this pot... is bet fold an option here? I called cos it looked weak. Maybe it was just well thought out by villain cos it left him a half pot bet on the river?

River: 3:club: ($24.45, 2 players)
      Hero checks, RearNakedCh8ke goes all-in $12.95, Hero folds

4. River - well he has it or he doesn't and I feel his range here is pretty polarised, but really I didn't like the call cos he 3-barrelled in a 3-bet pot on a A-high board...

Final Pot: $37.40

RearNakedCh8ke wins $36.18 (net +$11.18)

Hero lost $12.05

I appreciate all opinions on a better line here, is it after-all better to go broke preflop? while it can't be a huge mistake what would be best?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against aggressive villain just 4-bet pf and get all-in
      They might even get all-in there with TT/JJ if they 3-bet that pf.
      c/c flop is ok, but c/f turn, players are not bluffing there and he is preparing river shove for Ax, like with AK
      Or even if he is bluffing you can´t call him down, so I would prefer folding on the turn, than making my hand into bluff catcher