Party Poker taking money, because of inactivity

• KriZ0
      I received this email a few days ago.

Hi Kristoffer, It’s been a while since we saw you at We’ve made some big changes while you were away. We’ve listened to our players and as a result now have fantastic new tables, a more generous loyalty programme as well as bigger and better tournaments worth $10 million guaranteed each month. What’s more, you can now choose Canadian dollars as your account currency. Visit your Party Account to find out more. Keeping your account active couldn’t be easier! All you have to do is log in to Party Poker and play 1 raked hand and or any MTT or STT. As you’ve not used your account recently*, we wanted to remind you that after six months of inactivity we charge an administration fee of 5 Euros each month. The first charge will be deducted in 15 days. Make sure you aren’t charged: just buy in with as little as 50 cents and play one raked hand at our limit micro-limit tables.

Have anybody else received such one. I have checked there terms and conditions, and I can't find anywhere where it says I have to play. I've sent the party poker team a mail a few days ago, and they havn't responded yet. I'm pretty pissed at party poker at the moment.

Btw. my account at party poker has no money on it, so I guess they can't take any money, or what?
  • 6 replies
    • One12ver
      This is normal and many other players have had this problem. Check the fourms and you may find what others have done. My suggestion is if you want to play there then deposit or cash in some points if you have no money there and play a few hands every 2-3months. If not then don´t worry.
    • Jafreiteris
      So what happens if you don't have money and you don't play for 6month? Account deletion of freezing or money depths ( :) ) or smth?
    • DefHed
      Originally posted by KriZ0
      I have checked there terms and conditions, and I can't find anywhere where it says I have to play...
      You need to look a little harder...

11.1. If You do not access Your Account by 'logging on' to Your Account using Your Account name and password and either (i) place a cash wager or bet via the Services, or (ii) enter a tournament with a cash entry fee via the Gaming Services, or (iii) play a raked hand via the Gaming Services, or (iv) make a deposit as applicable, for any consecutive period of 180 days, then after those 180 days (the 'Grace Period') Your Account (and any related account with any ESP) will be deemed 'Inactive'.

11.2. Once Your Account has been deemed Inactive We will be entitled to charge You an administrative fee (the 'Inactive Account Fee'). We may deduct an amount up to the Inactive Account Fee amount from Your Account Balance on the day following the end of the Grace Period and then every thirty (30) days thereafter in accordance with the Inactive Account Fee Schedule. If we continue to deem Your Account Inactive for a period of eighteen consecutive calendar months, in order to safeguard your monies, we may withhold any remaining monies in Your Account and close Your Account. You may contact us to reclaim any such withheld monies at any time.

We will stop deducting the Inactive Account Fee from Your Account Balance if Your Account is re-activated by entering a tournament, or making a cash bet or wager, or by playing a raked hand, by making a deposit or upon closure of Your Account in accordance with 11.2 above.
    • Reanimater
      you lost your 60 cent.... you are not playing poker anymore on their web site any more, that's all.

poker sites aint banks. cashout what you have or play with it.

if you have 0.00 usd they dont take anything
    • Heffron89
      I logged in today and found out they took some party points from me 0.o nothing much but still strange
    • FaTDoGBG
      well yeah they do that too, they have inactivity fee for the Party points