Bubble abuse - going to far?

• andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Well we all know that abusing the bubble as a chip leader is a good thing. But i've surprised myself lately being super laggy hyper agressive maniac in this situation.

Can you actually go to far with this?

I've just pushed Q2o into all 3 of them risking 15BB (the second big stack), while the other 2 had comparable stacks of around 3-4BB. Is this really to much?

I sometimes pushed almost any 2 for 20BB when the shortstack with a tiny stack around.

PS. Yes i could do this in SNG Wizard, but i don't have it and i'm more curious about the principle than this particular hand. My bet is this is -EV.
  • 4 replies
    • zhenzhenZHEN
      zhenzhenZHEN
      Bronze
      i think its -ev for any stack to call your push with anything less than AA
    • PokerAddict36
      PokerAddict36
      Bronze
      Its for sure +ev, this is were we make our moniez...

Other bigstacks need KK or AA to call profitable when there is a small stack on the bubble...

Hyper lagg should be the way to go imo
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      It can be +EV if your opponents are calling tight enough but a lot of the time they will call looser than they should, especially when they have seen you being hyper aggressive. If your opponents start calling looser your push as well as your opponents call will be -EV with the net EV going to the players not in the hand. Basically if your opponents are good enough to understand ICM then abuse the bubble but if not, still abuse it but maybe not quite as much.
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GunFlavoured
      It can be +EV if your opponents are calling tight enough but a lot of the time they will call looser than they should, especially when they have seen you being hyper aggressive. If your opponents start calling looser your push as well as your opponents call will be -EV with the net EV going to the players not in the hand. Basically if your opponents are good enough to understand ICM then abuse the bubble but if not, still abuse it but maybe not quite as much.
      +1
      Would not write it better