New VIP Changes = Less SPs

• Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Has anyone noticed since the new year you are not getting as many SPs as last year. I play about 1k hands a day NL10 SH and used to average about 40 SPs a day. Now in the new year my volume remains constant but my SPs average has dropped between 10-15 SPs/day?????

Also, has anyone else lost their SPs between the 17th-22nd of Dec with a "..."?
  • 8 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      TBH I don't have an answer but I ill follow it up. :f_cool:
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I also got this impression, though I never followed my accrual of strategy points closely. But I've increased my volume A LOT in January, but apparently my SP aren't increasing.
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Afcourse, they wouldn't just make their reward program better with stellar rewards itd.., they made us earn about 1/4 to 1/5 less VPPs per hand than before. So the new VIP program is worse than before for heavy grinders (small population), earning way less points than they did in past, it's just more atractive for the small fish with little playing time (huge population) because of their new "awesome" stellar rewards. Nobody of the heavy grinders care about 10 or 100 bucks they are getting every now and then for this crap.
      So the new PokerStars VIP program is just another rip-off.

Conclusion: Poker platforms are getting more and more unfriendly rakeback-wise as they know they have to take as much money as possible till business is still running well, because of all-time increasing level of the game, and they are aware that one day people just won't want to play anymore, because it won't be profitable.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tomzyb
      Afcourse, they wouldn't just make their reward program better with stellar rewards itd.., they made us earn about 1/4 to 1/5 less VPPs per hand than before. So the new VIP program is worse than before for heavy grinders (small population), earning way less points than they did in past, it's just more atractive for the small fish with little playing time (huge population) because of their new "awesome" stellar rewards. Nobody of the heavy grinders care about 10 or 100 bucks they are getting every now and then for this crap.

Conclusion: Poker platforms are getting more and more unfriendly rakeback-wise as they know they have to take as much money as possible till business is still running well, because of all-time increasing level of the game, and they are aware that one day people just won't want to play anymore, because it won't be profitable.
      Fair enough, but what about earning less SPs?
    • WaraiOtoko
      WaraiOtoko
      Bronze
      I'm getting about 0.239vpp/hand @ NL50 SH in January, in Dec it was 0.224 so it is close to 7% increase for me (only about 30k hands in Dec, 20k in Jan)

vpp/SP rate stays the same so 7% increase as well

Maybe u have small sample an it will increase in time :f_confused:

With large enough sample it shoud be 10% more if u play SH as they changed vpp/dolar rake from 5/$ -> 5.5/$
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Well, it's a good thing that platforms keep attracting the fish! That will maintain food for the sharks. And I doubt the level can increase that much because the number of people who are actually willing to dedicate themselves to trully becoming experts in the game and are fit for the challenge is not that big. There will always be fish around, nature has a way of balancing ecosystems =D
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Well, it's a good thing that platforms keep attracting the fish! That will maintain food for the sharks. And I doubt the level can increase that much because the number of people who are actually willing to dedicate themselves to trully becoming experts in the game and are fit for the challenge is not that big. There will always be fish around, nature has a way of balancing ecosystems =D
      I like the ecosystems analogy! Very fitting :s_cool:

I think there are fewer and fewer people that will be prepared to dedicate themselves to poker for a myriad of reasons. Like I wrote in another thread, I expect a new poker boom ... just a matter of time :)

As for the PS points I believe I'm getting what I'm due though I don't really do the math on it. Looks good though, on average twice as many as last year :D I play more too though :f_cool:
    • Krach-Bumm-Ente
      Krach-Bumm-Ente
      Black
      Originally posted by tomzyb

depends on which game at which stakes you play. i get a lot more VPP since 10-01-01, playing hold'em no limit sh 1/2.
      fixed limit seems to get a lot less vpp tho.
      look it up here, 2nd post (blue new vpp, black old): http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=758342