[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh 77 Oop

• justkyle88
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

BU: unknown
      I see BUs calls as absolute weakness. (draws) I barrel all streets with just the 1 over-card?

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7, 7.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, CO folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 2, K, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, BU calls $0.65.

Turn: ($2.25) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.35, BU calls $1.35.

River: ($4.95) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, BU calls $3.00.

Final Pot: $10.95.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, sevens and twos(7c 7d).
      BU shows two pairs, jacks and twos(Jh Jc).

BU wins with two pairs, jacks and twos(Jh Jc).
  • 2 replies
    • dallievas
      Hi banderillero,just three lances in to bulls neck :D ,
      in this situation just some stats would be useful.according to your reads he is calling station a bit , but on K+twotone board I think cbet is ok,i would bet slightly bigger on flop.Hard to tell is IIbarrel will be profitable - on one hand you cbet again and try to push him from pots with hands that have equity vs you ( oc,pp 88-TT etc,draws) ,on the other hand that guy is calling too much,your hand is not great ,consider there is wa/wb situation and play passively.
      I don't think 3 barrels is good in micros.but if you decided to do that you should value bet thinly on turn and river.
      Generally vs loose valuebet great hands,valuebet thinly 1 pair hands,less bluff and semibluffs,can play less starting hands like small sc.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I don't mind the turn bet against unknowns even tho it's kinda of mixed bet, in the sense where you might get called by worse hands AND make slightly better hands fold. However I really don't like starting a 3 barrel bluff in that spot, the 2 is a really poor card to try and represent something strong from the turn onward.

On the river there is not much more value to be had and the only things he'll fold that he called the turn with are busted diamonds. So even if he's passive i'd actually check/call that river, the reason being passive players will not bet Kx or worse when checked to, they just suck at valuebetting. So if he bets he either has a rare monster, or he has busted diamonds. Against tags it's not as clear because some of them will actually bet Kx hands, but i still like check/calling better than betting because trying to make people fold stuff at nl10 on such innocuous cards is dicey.

Hope it helps.