[NL2-NL10] Jj

• 4 replies
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      You can post hands in the thread itself. Just copy and paste the output of the hand converter into the thread.

This hand I think wasn't very well planned from the flop onwards.

Firstly with no info on the villain, I think the flop is a fold, due to the scary board texture the possibility of a set. But of course villain can be on a flushdraw. This puts you into a way ahead way behind situation. But I would say most of the time way behind unfortunately.

Calling the flop raise I think was not a good option, by then the pot will be almost too large for you to fold. So if you want to be committed, then get it all in on the flop and pray he has a flushdraw. Checking on the turn shows great weakness, and gives the opponent the opportunity to bluff you out of the pot. On the flop I would definitely consider how much would the pot be if I call? If I call, how much money do I have left and would check/folding still make sense?
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hi,

I know I can post the hand in the thread but Im too lazy. THis is much quicker as I just copy n paste the link from my blog in my session summarys.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If i bet/call the flop i'm definitely not folding on a blank turn, not really sure whether i'd jam myself or check it planning on calling it off against an unknown tho. That being said i rarely take that line to begin with.

On the flop your opponent clearly committed himself after you c-bet such an ugly board into 2 players, which makes your hand look exactly like what it is. So i'd say his range is strong. Either he has a big diamond, or he has a flush/set. Against a big diamond we're almost flipping since he has an overcard as well as his flush outs(maybe we're even a dog if he has something like Ad9x), against flushes/sets we're dead. I don't loathe a shove, but i also think it's better to be able to fold it without some kind of read that the guy is getting it in light.

On the hand posting matter, let's just hope judges don't get bored of switching back and forth between the hand converter link and the thread, otherwise they might get lazy too.

Hope it helps.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

If i bet/call the flop i'm definitely not folding on a blank turn, not really sure whether i'd jam myself or check it planning on calling it off against an unknown tho. That being said i rarely take that line to begin with.

On the flop your opponent clearly committed himself after you c-bet such an ugly board into 2 players, which makes your hand look exactly like what it is. So i'd say his range is strong. Either he has a big diamond, or he has a flush/set. Against a big diamond we're almost flipping since he has an overcard as well as his flush outs(maybe we're even a dog if he has something like Ad9x), against flushes/sets we're dead. I don't loathe a shove, but i also think it's better to be able to fold it without some kind of read that the guy is getting it in light.

On the hand posting matter, let's just hope judges don't get bored of switching back and forth between the hand converter link and the thread, otherwise they might get lazy too.

Hope it helps.
      Apologies.