uh oh down to $9.17

• infinity21
      infinity21
      Bronze
      I don't claim to be a good player or anything but after a bad run of cards / tilt I'm now down to $9.17 on party poker. I did manage to stop myself before I got to 0. I wasted most of my money on SNG and lost a bit with NL2 as well. What's the safest way to maybe start building up my bankroll again?

Any particular strategies that you guys recommend for me? Like only play JJ+, AK etc? :P
  • 8 replies
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      either you have to play SSS in the lowest limits that are there, or if you can survive the rake play $1 sngs, even though both these options are out of your bankroll that is all you can really do.
    • infinity21
      infinity21
      Bronze
      ahh I didn't think about SSS
      I'll try it tomorrow after a good night's sleep

• infinity21
      infinity21
      Bronze
      Just an update: I am now up to $10.48! :P
    • Spunkadelic
      Spunkadelic
      Bronze
      Hey don't give up. I too was down to 9 bucks but play sss 1/2cent has brought me back up to 35 (the players at this level are awful).
      Best of luck!
    • mkdab
      mkdab
      Bronze
      Hey:)

I lost today 8 bucks, all on S&G's. Maybe not much, but I was fu**en furious for the way it happened. For example after my raise preflop i was called. I hit a top pair (K) with ace kicker so I raised, guy calls. After turn there were three minor cards on the board and "my" king, so I raise, got re-raised, since not much was left I go all-in. The guy had JACK NINE OFFSUITE! He hit a ten on the river and kicked me out with a 7-jack straight... He had a chance like 1:10 to get it:/

Whats worse similar situations happened to me today three times in total, two times I came fourth with some bad luck, twice lost because of bad and risky game (yeah, I got to the conclusion that maybe the only way to win is to play a hand with K/7 offsuit or whatever) and once came third, got a prize.

It is absurd on those low limits that you are usually checked by several players, even if you raise with a very strong hand like AA or let's say a weaker one AQs. However AA oftenly is good enough to defend itself, the AQs or JJ is very risky - someone will finally get his K6o or Q8s paired... Or even get a full house 7's full of 2's (this has actually happened to me once some time before on play money, I was BB and there were calls only. I hit two pairs on flop and a full house on turn, that was a funny one;) )

Or maybe I'm too impatient and need to play way more hands to notice that good hands will be profitable long-term.
    • infinity21
      infinity21
      Bronze
      took a bit of a break from poker.. played again today and I made a decent profit of $1.20 in a 2.5 hr session.
      Two interesting hands I think:
      This was played right after a hand where the guy just got sucked out AK vs AQ and he went all-in so I gambled that he might be on tilt and pushing with any hand and it luckily paid off.
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/243675

The second hand, the guy calls my raise with 39 and then calls my all-in with 9 high. Thought it was pretty funny because I was so scared when Qs came on the turn because of the flush draw completing.
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/243679
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      @mkdab
      Well those bad beats happen very often, mine just couldn't stop yesterday...
      i also lost a lot from my starting capital on SnG's... I don't say I played a great poker yesterday but out of like 12 SnG i lost, about 6 were on bad beat... sth like KJs vs 68s, AKs vs A8o, A6s vs AJo with a all-in on the flop x6A (you guessed right, river was J)... don't remember anymore... oh and yeah all the flip coin situations so (66-KJ, QQ vs AK, JJ - KQ), which i really dont complain about as i know I'm a really unlucky person :-)
      it was a bad day but... its poker, what makes it that much crazy, annoying and above all FUN... as long as your straight flash doesn't get beaten by a Royal Flash...happen do a guy i know on BWIN :-)
      @infinity21
      so i was down on +/- $13... yesterday night and today climed up to 17.15 :-)... decided not to play SnG's any more :-)...
      don't give up... you still have your +/- $10.. rome wasn't build in a day... study your hands... play tighter and wait for your hands...
      make yourself a task for a day... I do like this, limit a number of hands or time you will play that day(of course not the ones you are on tilt) or winning certan of BB you want to win(unless you get AA and win eth in first hand)... once you reach on of the goals you quit for that day... it might help bring your bankroll up a bit :-), as you limit yourself on both fields... small problem is you limit yourself on winning too but its good as it might keep you grounded
      well i wish you a good luck
      GL
    • skatelouis
      skatelouis
      Bronze
      I did from 4,16 to 48 man. You can do it. Nl2 is easy money