10% missing from PS-points earned at Mansion

• Khiiniau
      Khiiniau
      Bronze
      Beginning from 3.1.2010 about 10% is missing from PS points earned at Mansion. Before that day PS points game always with mariginal +-0,5% when calculated from Rake shown by HEM. But now already 3 days in row about 10% missing daily. And same happened with my friends playing at Mansion.

3.1: Rake 130,77$*3 = 392,31, received @PS 359,6
      4.1 61,78$ *3 = 185,34 167,2
      5.1 115,24$*3= 345,72 310,4

I play only in $ tables, never in €- or £-tables. I also browsed through HEM-forums and didn't see anything about possible mistakes in HEMs rake calculation so I assume mistake is between Mansion and PS

2.1.2010 onwards point allocation was changed from dealt to contributed-dealt, but there has not been any information about changes in rake calculating that is calculated as actually contributed.

I hope that Pokerstartegys Mansion Manager will clarify ASAP this with Mansion and official answer when correction to PS-points will made will be received here.

Edit: I hope that others who play at Mansion will also report here if same mistakes seen between tracker data (HEM. PT, Elephant) and PS points
  • 14 replies
    • Eki72
      Eki72
      Bronze
      I have same problem.

04.01.10 Rake 27,46$*3 = 82,38 received @PS 69.7
      05.01.10 Rake 7,40$*3 = 22,2, received @PS 17.9
    • Tomassio123
      Tomassio123
      Bronze
      Hi Khiiniau and Eki72,

The problem is already under investigation.

We will let you know, as soon we got some feedback.

Best,
      Tom
    • mjkirwan1980
      mjkirwan1980
      Bronze
      The new points contribution model on I-poker is not a pure contribution model. Its based on whether you put ANY money into the pot (even if you fold preflop), if you do put some money in you get equal points even if you fold pf (E.g Small Blind) having contributed.

Thefore TAGs will get slighly less points particularly on full ring and LAGs will get more.

Shouldn't have such an effect on 6MAX though.
    • havox
      havox
      Bronze
      Hi Khiiniau,

there is NO mistake in the calculation of the StrategyPoints.

To explain this:

Originally posted by Khiiniau
      2.1.2010 onwards point allocation was changed from dealt to contributed-dealt, but there has not been any information about changes in rake calculating that is calculated as actually contributed.
      Not just the point allocation was changed, but basically the whole rake calculation system (from dealt to contributed-dealt).

This means that we now receive your contributed-dealt rake, while before we received the dealt rake to calculate the StrategyPoints.

So therefore obviously not just the points on iPoker/Mansion changed, but you may as well receive less/more StrategyPoints.
    • Khiiniau
      Khiiniau
      Bronze
      My understanding is, that Mansion rake has always been contributed, not dealt. If they now have contributed-dealt it is a new system and that has not been announced anywhere by Mansion. Only mcp allocation change from dealt to contributed-dealt has been announced officially.
    • Lleiby
      Lleiby
      Bronze
      Think you re right Khiiniau strategypints have been always awarded by the rake yo ve generated, not the rake the table is generating while you re sitted, if you didn t put money in the pot you didn t recieve strategypoints, have always been that way.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Every iPoker skins used dealt method before 01/01/2010 and so all strategy points were calculated:

MGR * 4

not 'paid rake * 4' or 'contributed rake * 4'.

Now, it was changed to 3 SP/$1 but now it's counted only from contributed pots, what means less SP unless you're very lose preflop.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Lleiby
      Think you re right Khiiniau strategypints have been always awarded by the rake yo ve generated, not the rake the table is generating while you re sitted, if you didn t put money in the pot you didn t recieve strategypoints, have always been that way.
      you're wrong :) It always depended on MGR, not on what you actually paid
    • zamwise
      zamwise
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      you're wrong :) It always depended on MGR, not on what you actually paid
      Strategypoints from iPoker site by dealt method? Are you really sure about that, opal99 ? :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      yes, I played there 04/09-09/09 and it was allocated exactly by MGR stat in PT3. It was so before the last change on 01/01/10.
    • mjkirwan1980
      mjkirwan1980
      Bronze
      You are all wrong....its not exactly contributed or MGR. :D

It's now kind of a hybrid of both. If you put ANY money into the pot pf you will get an equal share of the MGR for all rake paid in that hand and as such you will earn equal rake ipoints even if you only post a blind. You get nothing however if you fold pf without contributing a penny.

Hope that helps.
    • mjkirwan1980
      mjkirwan1980
      Bronze
      It was the dealt method until i think 3/1/2010 and then on that day all the i-poker skins changed thier rake model as it was a network wide decision.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by mjkirwan1980
      You are all wrong....its not exactly contributed or MGR. :D
      I believe I was right in everything I wrote, because I was saying it WAS MGR before 01/01/10 and NOW it's contributed method. Or better to say mix of contributed and MGR (= MGR in contributed), like you mentioned.

or am I missing something?
    • Khiiniau
      Khiiniau
      Bronze
      Contributed-dealt is termin that is widely understood for current system.