This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Jj

• michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi all

Villain is tight, 8/4/2 over 500 hands.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $5.56
      BU:
      $1.00
      SB:
      $0.92
      BB:
      $1.12
      UTG1(Hero):
      $5.00
      UTG2:
      $5.16
      MP1:
      $1.28
      MP2:
      $2.32
      MP3:
      $5.25

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J, J.
      Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, CO calls $0.20, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.67) 5, 5, 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP3 raises to $1.50, CO folds, Hero raises to $4.80, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

I thought that a set was much less likely since the board is paired, so he could be raising me with a hand anywhere from 88 to QQ. Probably not QQ though, unless he the nit of the nits.

I put him on 99 or TT. Decided that call isn't an option and folding would be too weak, so I went all in right there.

Did I make the right play?

Thanks for advice

Final Pot: $2.17.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

QQ wouldn't surprise me that much, 8/4 is pretty damn nitty already. I agree with your on his range, some middling middle pair. Which means the only way you get more value out of these is if you just call against a 8/4, he's going to put you on AA and fold to a 3bet all day long.

Turn and river overcards might indeed not be good for your action, sometimes you'll get 2 outed too, but overall i prefer calling with the intention of check/calling down (i don't expect him to bet the river that often after we c/c the turn), and valuebetting the river if he checks back the turn.

Hope it helps.