Good or bad move

• Trollmia
      Trollmia
      Bronze
      Hi little frustaded started with a sng 6 left was in buttom looking on QQ blinds 25/50 have 26bb stack SB have 39bb left BB have 39bb UG with 49 bb call other folds..
      did a 4bb raise blinds fold to UG insta call flop 826 colored26..
      UG min bet 1bb did a think he hade played pretty loose in game so i deside to push allin UG insta call show A8us turn J river 8

So was that a bad preflop postflop play or did i do it ok but a bad result should i done it any different ????
  • 2 replies
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Preflop you raised 4BB behind a call from a loose player. With a premium hand I would probably make it 6 or 7, maybe more depending on the player, he has shown an interest in playing the hand by calling so you may aswell milk him for all you can get.

Postflop : if I understand you right the pot would be 475 on the flop and UTG bets 50

Then you raise all in which would be to 1100. Personally I think that this is a bit of an overbet and against MOST opponents I would look to raise to around 350 and look to get the rest in on the turn.

BUT as it happens you made the right play, given the player, you got the money in with the best hand and your opponent called. You just got unlucky...
    • Trollmia
      Trollmia
      Bronze
      Thx