[NL2-NL10] Nl10sh - JJ

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($10.15)
      UTG ($14.86)
      Hero (Button) ($14.39)
      MP ($11.28)
      SB ($10.15)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, J
      UTG bets $0.30, 1 fold, Hero raises $1, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.15) 4, K, 3 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.53, UTG raises $3.06, Hero folds

Total pot: $5.21

Villian is 48/15/1.5 (VPIP/PFR/AF) Raise Cbet only 5%after 235hands. Should I call flop and reevaluate on turn?? Villian is loose passive so I just folded versus that min-raise. Bad played??
  • 2 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Preflop:even he is loose overall but still raise quite tight (pfr 15),so he can raise about 5-7% from UTG and those loose guys with such gap usually raise only top hands.Then this is not mistake to 3bet him with JJ,but not clear 3bet also.If he calls wide range you can 3bet,if he folds a lot then call is better ( because you can isolate yourself against better hands and push out worse).
      Flop: OOP I would cbet all my range here. IP you can choose cbet or check back according to his c/r and fold to cbet stats.If he is not folding check behind and see turn also inducing bluffs and keep pot small with IInd hand.Cbet IP is also Ok,because you can be outdrawn still by Ax,rarely FD,but imho you should fold here to a raise.His raise 5% is not big ,so more made hands here then bluffs. Call IP can be option,but in this case fold is better considering his hand range and passiveness.
      By the way guys with vpip 48 and AF 1.5 is not so passive,look at his Aq.
      GL
      :f_confused:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by dallievas
      Hi,
      Preflop:even he is loose overall but still raise quite tight (pfr 15),so he can raise about 5-7% from UTG and those loose guys with such gap usually raise only top hands.Then this is not mistake to 3bet him with JJ,but not clear 3bet also.If he calls wide range you can 3bet,if he folds a lot then call is better ( because you can isolate yourself against better hands and push out worse).
      Flop: OOP I would cbet all my range here. IP you can choose cbet or check back according to his c/r and fold to cbet stats.If he is not folding check behind and see turn also inducing bluffs and keep pot small with IInd hand.Cbet IP is also Ok,because you can be outdrawn still by Ax,rarely FD,but imho you should fold here to a raise.His raise 5% is not big ,so more made hands here then bluffs. Call IP can be option,but in this case fold is better considering his hand range and passiveness.
      By the way guys with vpip 48 and AF 1.5 is not so passive,look at his Aq.
      GL
      :f_confused:
      I agree mostly, and i would check back there in the future when in doubt, because some players will make that crappy check/minraise with a pocket pair sometimes just to see if you have the K or not, and being forced into a push/fold decision against a 2-outer really sucks. You won't get outdrawn that often and you can still get value from bad players on later streets, they won't find you not c-betting that flop suspicious, if anything they will use it to convince themselves you never have something strong.

Stop being :f_confused: dallievas, most of what you write is good ;)

Hope it helps.