[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH A8s FD then to good odds on river to fold.

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $18.95
      MP2:
      $11.75
      MP3:
      $10.15
      CO(Hero):
      $23.55
      BU:
      $10.00

BB: 41/2 58 Not sure if I call turn bet but as I played it I'm getting way to good to odds to fold river?

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) A, K, J (2 players)
      BB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.25) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.80, Hero calls $2.80.

River: ($7.85) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

Final Pot: $10.85.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(8d Ad).
      BB shows two pairs, aces and jacks(Ah Jc).

BB wins with two pairs, aces and jacks(Ah Jc).
  • 2 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      you still do not see many merits in using and providing other stats to us like AF or Aq.Is opp aggressive or passive? (that's the main Q).
      Preflop is OK.From Cu if you steal a lot you can raise 3,5 or 3 bb.
      Flop:against passive there can be wa/wb situation,then you are not sure about kicker c/c/c reevaluating on other streets how much to pay with tpwk.Passive opp can have 2p+ here often Kj,even AK,QT,but aggro can have some pair+ draw to straight.How often he donks? Quite often donks are weak ,but sometimes can be strong (for eg db/3bet with set on wet board).
      In poker ocean is existing opinion that often opps donks and if you not play back then they bet pot with almost everything they have on turn.So better raise donk for value and end with hand in case of resistance.Vs aggro I can let him bet inducing bluffs part of the time,vs passive I tend to raise/fold.Also often I raise vs habitual donkers.
      Turn:you cal overbet.What those overbets mean? Often fold can be better then call ,maybe he is protecting his 2p+ from bdfd? Play without initiative is hard,if you decide to call such turn often you have to call river.
      River call easy as eat a cake,you need only 13% to win.But if passive guy who's
      Aq on river is like 10% ,then I can fold.
      GL
      :f_confused:
      P.S I'll see those tempting results after evaluation.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Your line is fine. We can't fold the flop with top pair for one bet even tho 41/2 usually aren't that aggressive postflop, raising doesn't make much sense either, so we're calling.

When he overbets the turn without reads it's too risky to assume he's bluffing and getting 3bet off our flushdraw would suck big time, so again we're calling with likely good implieds, he won't put us on the backdoor flush when we hit and it looks like he has a hand he's willing to felt. If he's bluffing/semibluffing and check/giveup the river we likely have him beat already UI so it's cool.

On the river we can't fold for these odds even tho it's tough for him to be betting worse, sometimes we might see some kind of pair+gutshot that went nuts on earlier street and is blockbetting the river. We don't like it, but we're not folding. NH.

Hope it helps.