[NL2-NL10] Bss 10$ Nl Qq Bb

• JackxxRatt
      JackxxRatt
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      MP3:
      $10.84
      CO:
      $11.91
      Hero:
      $10.77

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, BU folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $0.80, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls $0.60, CO calls $0.60, SB folds.

Flop: ($2.70) 2:spade: , 6:club: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2, MP3 calls $2.00, CO folds.

Turn: ($6.70) 3:heart: [COLOR=blue](2 players)

This is a situation I often struggle with, I'm either way ahead or way behind, hmmmmmm
  • 3 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      I think, mostly you are ahead here, usually villain would reraise with KK or AA preflop and it doesn't seem very likely that he would be holding pocket 2's or pocket sixes here (as villain would usually raise at flop with those hands, as it's hard to believe in such hands). However, I would still try to avoid investing my whole stack here, check/call might be the smartest thing to do. If villain also just checks the turn, I think you could valuebet the river.

btw. I would raise more preflop. 1$ would be good in my opinion.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      That's correct. The board is not draw heavy meaning you do not have to protect your hand. Just check/call the turn. This way you get the most value from other pocket pairs.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • JackxxRatt
      JackxxRatt
      Bronze
      Thanks for replies. As it happened I made another bet on the turn and villain folded on this occasion but too many times I've been caught by the slow play. Thanks for the advice :)