Known players:     
      BB:
      $5,00
      MP1:
      $1,24
      Hero:
      $3,17

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.71 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , Q:spade:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, Hero raises to $0,10, 4 folds, BB calls $0,08, MP1 calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,31) 9:club: , A:diamond: , T:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0,20, BB calls $0,20, MP1 calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,91) 3:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0,60, BB raises to $1,26,
      Hero - ?
  • 2 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Sveikas,
      Preflop is ok.
      Flop: is ok,but imho slightly bigger bet size should be because of wet board and 2 opps.Even pot size is ok.
      Turn change nothing,board isn't very nice for top pair but I think you should bet here because of draw.Raise on turn too often is not good.Opp can have 2pair hands 9T,AT,A9s,sets 3 or 99,also can have some draws or combo draws,but you have Q blocker.You need reads,stats on opp to profitably play here-is he tight or loose passive-they raise with made hand often.Maybe he lag or maniac , then can be air or draw.Draw can have many outs against you,but on turn his equity diminished.Most of the time fold against unknown,can shove against super aggro,but you have to understand his range a bit.
      Look at this tread where tamairlarace explains Baluga theorem a bit,this is similar situation here:
      Good luck.
      :f_confused:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by dallievas
      Sveikas,
      Preflop is ok.
      Flop: is ok,but imho slightly bigger bet size should be because of wet board and 2 opps.Even pot size is ok.
      Turn change nothing,board isn't very nice for top pair but I think you should bet here because of draw.Raise on turn too often is not good.Opp can have 2pair hands 9T,AT,A9s,sets 3 or 99,also can have some draws or combo draws,but you have Q blocker.You need reads,stats on opp to profitably play here-is he tight or loose passive-they raise with made hand often.Maybe he lag or maniac , then can be air or draw.Draw can have many outs against you,but on turn his equity diminished.Most of the time fold against unknown,can shove against super aggro,but you have to understand his range a bit.
      Look at this tread where tamairlarace explains Baluga theorem a bit,this is similar situation here:
      Good luck.
      :f_confused:
      I agree, i usually don't give unknown villains credit for being able to semibluff the turn, especially on blank turns, because if they have had a draw all along, why not raise the flop? Obvious answer is because they can't make you fold top pair on the flop, but maybe they can on the turn. However it's way above the head of most nl10 players out there, even regs. It's usually more likely that it's just a bad slowplay line from a bad player.

By the way i'm assuming MP1 folded, otherwise i see even less of a reason to stick around, better pot odds don't matter when you're toast.

Hope it helps.