[NL2-NL10] 6/3 offsuit, NL10

• ironmask92
      I'm not proud of this hand but this maniac has been pushing people off hands alot. He loves to call with trash or raise pre-flop for 60 cents and just bet pot size or his famous all in on flop or turn with top/middle pair. I felt this maniac was just trying to bully me by betting on flop/turn and pushing all in on river. From the way i have seen him play, he bets pot size with top/middle pair or just pure bluff, his all in's usually indicate top pair or middle pair as well. He also made a $12 all in push on a $1 pot with a flush draw. He may have some kinda bust flush draw and is just trying to bully me. Think i made the right move on river?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Known players:

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 6.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.3) 3, 6, 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BB folds, MP2 raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.86) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.61, Hero calls $0.61.

River: ($2.08) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 raises to $11.37, Hero calls $8.91.

Final Pot: $22.36.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, sixs and threes(3d 6h).

MP2 shows high card ace(Qd 5c).

Hero wins with two pairs, sixs and threes(3d 6h).

MP2 wins with high card ace(Qd 5c).
  • 2 replies
    • dallievas
      I'm not proud of this hand but this maniac has been pushing people off hands alot

I would be not proud of that hand also. :D Do you have some IRON in your essence?
      TPTk vs maniac quite often is not good,but 2p is ok most of the time.So why you not pound pound him( valuebetting is the first commandment) when you have a chance and potentially let him outdraw you.Bet/3bet/shove on flop,not many made hands beat you or c/r and 4bet him.You want to set pot to shove by the river or better on turn.So you bet or c/r big on turn.That A not so nice card on the river because of other often combos of Ax and straight possible.but I would bet myself and call because
      this maniac has been pushing people off hands alot

And when you play vs maniac be prepare to loose some stack,but not bluff him (can do that when you keep showing value hands) and valuebet good hands.
      I sometimes like play with them,but first you need good notes on him,not overplay 1 pair hands vs him.
      Good luck
    • MaestroOfZerg

Fold preflop it's garbage, you'll flop something you're ready to stack off with so rarely that you'll just get run over a lot in the meantime unless you get lucky. At least try and get a hand that can go somewhere, like some suited stuff that's kinda connected or has a high card.

On the flop it's tempting to let the maniacs hang themselves, but when you have a marginally strong hand on a wet board it loses a lot of value. Also, real maniacs are just about as likely to continue bluffing over your raise than they are to continue bluffing on the turn if you just call. So bet/3bet/jam that flop, using the biggest bet sizes possible you think will induce action. Meaning unless you think it'll spook him, start by donking pot and when he raises, don't make a huge 3bet so he think he can still bluff over.

As played once you start taking an inducing line, you're not folding against that type of player unless your two pairs get counterfeited, so NH.

Hope it helps.