L2Chill - SnG+MTT (pics inside)

• LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Hi there!

First, let me introduce myself :
      My name is Alban, I'm 20, I'm french and I live in Paris. I recently quit my graphic design school and I'm preparing the entry contest to the Louis Lumière school, which is the most prestigious cinema school in France.
      Beside that, I'm in an internship as assistant photographer, and I also work for my own as a freelancer.

For the poker part, I've been playing for something like 2 years, most part unsuccessfully. I've started to become a winning player 5 months ago, at SnG, mostly 6handed. I crushed the limits up to the 25$, where I've been stuck. As I had a pretty huge tilt a the end of 2009 of those, I chose to cashout and try something else :

Let's go to CG!

So, my goals for January :

Play at least 20K hands (I'm at 7K ATM, won't be a problem I think...)
      Make it to goldstar
      Read the Harrington on Cash Game
      Take a lot of photographies
      Go back to sport on a regular basis (I'm practicing a corean martial art that is called hapkido)
      Quit smoking

Next stuff in the next post :
  • 21 replies
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Here are my first 7K hands :

And here's one of my photographies. It was taken back in April 2009, when I got to Viet Nâm for 10 days. It was definitely too short, I fell in love with South East Asia...

Cya soon guys!
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Ok, so I'm bringing back this blog from the limbos...
      I won't play anymore for the month, so let's make a summary

First, let's see about my goals for January.

Play at least 20K hands : check 37,5K CG hands, and 280 SnG/MTT
      Read the Harrington on Cash Game still in process
      Take a lot of photographies fail : I had a fashion project, but the client had a completely fantasy budget, and I almost didn't take a single photo in personal projects
      Go back to sport on a regular basis fail : but I really want to correct that, plus I started jogging
      Quit smoking nearly : I don't smoke everyday anymore, but I still smoke on parties

Now, poker results

+ I donated around 100$ for Haïti.

So, definitely not a good month overall, nevertheless, I'm very happy with it since this is the first time I show good results at CG with a big sample.

So, the goals for february :

_crush NL25
      _Make some ironman status
      _Move my ass to the dojang!
      _Jogging, a lot of jogging
      _Preparing the french cinema school contests
      _QUIT SMOKING!
      _Finish the 2 volumes of Harrington on Cash Game

So, let's do this! :s_evil:
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Hey there!

Well, I did not play much CG the past three days, but I had a pretty good MTT night. Opened 6 of those, had 4 deep run, including a bubble and a little cash, but I also made it to 2 FT.

One in a 8$80 180p, which I have won a couple of time, but unfortunately I just made 7th this time. I'm running terrible in those BTW.

The other is in a 5$5 KO with a field of a thousand people, and I'm currently 2/6. The win is 889$, which would be my biggest cash, so I'm looking forward to it. :f_cool:

I'll keep you updated (L2Chill @ FTP)
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      4 left, I was a huge chipleader and got sucked out on a 80/20. Still 2nd though.
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Ok, finish third.
      Took down a 413$ cash prize, bringing back my BR just over 1K, so définitely not a bad night (+/-500$ total cashes)

Forgot to take a screenshot, but here's a link to the results.

Here!

BTW, I'm pretty pissed at myself for my last important hand :

Full Tilt Poker $5 + $0.50 Knockout No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t8000/t16000 Blinds + t2000 - 3 players - View hand 512744
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): t468067 M = 15.60
      BB: t744120 M = 24.80
      BTN: t226313 M = 7.54

Pre Flop: (t30000) Hero is SB with 3 :club: A :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to t36578, BB raises to t77500, Hero calls t40922

Flop: (t161000) 9 :heart: 9 :diamond: A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets t59599, Hero calls t59599

Turn: (t280198) Q :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets t109555, Hero calls t109555

River: (t499308) J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Third time he resteals while I have a very very good image (showed a set and got badbeated while I had QQ by this guy, a few hands before that one).

I just don't know why I call preflop, and why I call on the turn.

Gotta go to sleep now, cya!
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Silver
      Hi,

nice blog you started. Gratz to the last night success!
      Wish you luck in the CG world!

PS: Really nice pic! Share more;)
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Congratulations on the cash :)

xx vonki :heart:
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GooRukYONG

PS: Really nice pic! Share more;)

Ok : still from Viet Nâm

• LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Hey!
      Little update :

I'm having a huge chiplead 3left in a 8,8$ 180j, and I'm currently 19/117 in the daily double A (unfortunately, I didn't make it to the money in the daily double B)

I'll keep you updated as soon as it ends.
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze

Done!

Still doing pretty well in the daily double A
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      64th for 26$. I pushed JJ on board 249 to see I'm facing 99...

Still, it's been a sweet night. I doubled my BR in the last 2 days... Now, I think I have to make a shoot @ NL50.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Congratulations again!

But there is absolutely nothing that says that you have to try NL50 just because you're rolled for it... I mean what the heck, after my MTT cashes in January I'm rolled for NL100 but I'm not about to move up even to NL50 anytime soon.

The most important thing is that you think you can move up safely and beat it, how are you doing on NL25 so far?
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      11BB/100 over my last 20k hand...

In fact, I had a very aggressive BRM until then, since I started to shoot @ NL25 with a 350$ BR. So I have already played quite a while at NL25, now I want to see what's next, even if I still take it as a shoot and calm down my BR management as I'm starting to reach a limit that I have never crushed.
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Hi!
      Well, I just wanted to tell you I cashedout my whole BR, cause I have to be focused on my contests and my work. I still have something like 100$ in RB waiting on my FT account, so I guess I'll start back there.

Cya!
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Why did you cashout ?!

Nice blog, I hadn't seen it before but I'll definitely follow it ;)
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      I guess that was tilt.

Anyway, I need money for a very simple reason : I have to buy something. Absolutely.

I don't know if any of you has ever heard of Lara Jade. She's a rising star in the photography world, actually very very famous allready although she's only twenty.

And she offered me to buy some prints from her. Well, actually, I asked her if I could have one, she told me I could have both, although she usually does not sell art to people but companies.

As a matter of fact, I'de be the only one to possess one of those prints, except maybe for family and friend. So that's it, I have to find 400£ the sooner possible.

Fortunately, I won't only be relying on my poker skills. Photography is going pretty well for me and I am now getting paids when I make portfolios for young aspiring models. But still.
      Oh and I got know photographies to show !

Say hi to myself :

And to my friend Thomas :

On the last one I was actually testing a diffuser I've built, so no worry, I do not blind every model that poses for me.

Well,
      cya!
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

Some news : my BR is now standing @ 270$, allowing me to mass play 5$ turbo, which I like a lot.

So, the photos are really reachable ATM as I will cashout whatever it needs at the beginning of next month to get them.

Anyhow, I'm getting entry contests next week, so I'm starting to get a bit stressed, but I am also increasing my range of photography, and I'm pretty sure this will please you.

Watch out :

More can be seen there.

@ Moderators : if the breast is not ok, just do what you have to do or tell me to change it, I have other images without it.
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      Hi from Vietnam,
      very nice pics
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chuongdk
      Hi from Vietnam,
      very nice pics

Thanks !

Well, I guess the breast wasn't ok, so I'll put another one :

Actually I'm not too happy about that one, the hand is very ugly I think.

edit : seems there are problems with dA, so if pics not loading that might be normal.