[NL2-NL10] nl5 hand question

• JohnieWalkerlud
      JohnieWalkerlud
      Bronze
      ok guys i decide to start posting hands in the forum with the idea to get information from you in some hands which i doubt how i played

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO = ($8.67)
      BU = ($3.96)
      SB = ($4.88)
      BB = ($2.00)
      MP3(Hero) = ($4.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, T.
      Hero raises to $0.17, 3 folds, BB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.23.

Flop: ($0.82) 2, 7, 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.82) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.05, Hero calls $0.05.

River: ($0.92) T (2 players)
      BB bets $1.55, Hero calls $1.55.

Final Pot: $4.02.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, tens and sevens(A T).
      BB shows a full-house, sevens full of twos(7 A).

so the BB is a complete fish he lost 2 buyins so far i am at the table around 30 hands played tag so far with a couple of steals what should i have done in this hand with this player who is a complete fish thanks
      BB wins with a full-house, sevens full of twos(7 A).
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Likely start by filtering useful information from useless information.

First that guy doesn't care how you've been playing unless you've stacked him yourself and he wants to get back at you or something, you wouldn't expect him to react to just a couple of steals or the fact that you have a taggish image.

Second saying he is a fish doesn't help us nor you at all. We have tight/loose passive/aggressive fish, often sharing the same preflop/postflop tendencies, sometimes wildly different like loose/aggressive preflop bullies that become fit-or-fold nits postflop when they can't make you fold preflop. If he's a loose aggro maniac preflop just jam for 40bb expecting he'll call with worse. If he's a tight passive preflop player you're already toast even before you see the flop so it's a fold. And so on. You've seen him play for 30 hands and get stacked twice, you should know more than enough provided you're looking for the right information.

By default i'd fold it preflop especially if it's ATo, but if you want to further share your reads on BB with us, we can discuss it again. Bump the thread if you want that.

Hope it helps.
    • JohnieWalkerlud
      JohnieWalkerlud
      Bronze
      hi tamairlarace reading my post and you reply now i found that i havent given good information, sorry about that about the bb he was in a mood for gambling and played very crazy he made a lot of 3-bets and 4-bets and overbeted the pot constantly and made strange plays alot and i cant say much more but i should have probably folded that hand anyway
      would be glad if you comment the hand with the little aditional information i have given
      thanks
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Then i would just shove preflop, AT is good enough against a wide 3betting range from a maniac for 40bb because even if he only calls it off with very good hands, we pick up a good chunk of dead money when he folds his bluffs.

Folding is too weak, and when you call and miss postflop you'll be faced with aggression wondering whether AT-high is good enough to call down. Needless to say if you choose to call preflop and you get a pair you're not going anywhere, bet and get it in.

Hope it helps.