Top 20 Promo

• xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Can someone explain the Top20 promo to me? I came 20th in December, but I don't get it, do I actually get any money or do I have to play a tourney to get it or what? I just don't understand the concept at all.
  • 4 replies
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hello xponentx,

The information can be found here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/pokerstrategy/Introducing-Top-2-Promotion_24210

Basically it's like this: the top 20 members from each community are getting this race of their own. However, if they are in Top 250 as well, then they will win the higher prize. The lower prize will go into this global prize pool which will be given in a freeroll soon.

Example:
      Let's say you are an English community member and at the end of December you finished 2nd in our community ($300 prize) and 5th in the Top 250 ($3,000). This means that you will earn the $3,000 prize and those $300 will go towards this global prize pool. This has been done for the last 3 months and the pot has reached $26,000 - we will have a freeroll for everyone with this money soon.

In your case, you did not finish in the Top 250 this December, but you did finish in the Top 20 of the English community (20th place actually), which means you will get the corresponding prize for that rank ($50).

I hope all is clear now. If you have any more questions, please let me know ;)

Regards,
      vhallee
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      That makes perfect sense now vhallee, thanks.

How does the prize money get paid out?
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      It's a pity that the promo is over now X( Hey guys, let's all strike and stop playing until they bring the promo back!! :s_evil:
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      oh no I was getting exited im 25 oo