• justkyle88
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:

BU: 18/15 148
      3Bet PF: 6

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU raises to $1.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.90.

Flop: ($2.75) K, 5, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($2.75) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, BU raises to $4.00, Hero raises to $9.40, BU calls $4.10(All-In).

River: ($20.25) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.25.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(Kh As).
      BU shows a full-house, kings full of fives(Kc Ks).

BU wins with a full-house, kings full of fives(Kc Ks).
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      I'm a noob but why do you reraise him on turn? I don't think you should really because I don't think he'll be playing diamonds like that on a paired board if he is a tight reg, and neither do I think he would reraise you with any of his range which he holds which you have beat (JJ,QQ he might not even 3-bet with JJ). So I think if you just call you make the pot smaller and then unless he bets pot on the river you can just play check call on the river and lose less if you do lose.

I don't think in by doing this we ever lose value as if we assign his 3-betting range on the button to be TT+/AK then we see that you split once and only win against him when he holds JJ/QQ which is less than when he has us beat (TT/KK/AA)

This is just my thoughts so feel free to ingore them :f_biggrin:
    • MaestroOfZerg

Tight reg would still bet air and flushdraws on the flop, so he has some kind of made hand that he's either pot-controlling or slowplaying, TT+/AK. Frankly he'd probably even bet AK and AA on the flop, so it's more like TT-KK . Since he won't raise the turn with JJ-QQ, unless we have reason to think he's a spazz, we're dead or hoping for a split right on the turn already. As sad as it sounds i'd let it go barring a read making it worthwhile for me to make a stand there, be it history between us, odd timing or something else.

@amplifyd: if we can the turn bet we're hoping he's (semi-)bluffing, because he's not doing that with a made hand we beat. So since calling is committing for us and we pretty much have to call any river anyway, this is a jam or fold spot, it's better to make sure he also puts all his money in with his semibluffs right on the turn or outright fold.

Hope it helps.