This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Is it worth to play micro stackes SNGs ?

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hello!
      I ve been playing SNGs mostly at stackes 2,25$, and I am not able to climb to the levels I want.
      I received 50$ starting capitol, somehow climbed to 100$ and after downswing of 40$ I am not able to move to the directions I would like to.
      I play 4 table and if I win one I usuall lose other 4, or sometimes I win 3out of 4, but than lose due some bad decisions,coin flips or bad beats.
      I played for 3h now and when my session is over I am 3$ good.
      I mean 3$ for 3h of playing-Geee :rolleyes:

So I figured that maybe playing some other variaton of poker till climb to higher levels would be better.
      I am of stating with SSS, I am pretty sure I would earn more than 1$ per hour :) .

So what do you think guys?

cheers
  • 6 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Any form of poker u pick will require patience and dedication. Since ur still building up ur bankroll I'd say it'd be best for u to play the type of poker u enjoy the most. As u said playing for cents per hour rather than dollars per hour isn't all that great so fun is the biggest factor for u right now.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Actually the way that i managed to get something going with my 50$ was playing SNG's. Played a little from everything but they weren't as profitable as sng's. your choice though.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      THx for replys.
      I dont know, why but I just cant profite from it in long run.
      In most cases it looks and feels like I am going in neverending circle of losing and cover loses with winnings,but not menage to build bankroll.
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      THx for replys.
      I dont know, why but I just cant profite from it in long run.
      In most cases it looks and feels like I am going in neverending circle of losing and cover loses with winnings,but not menage to build bankroll.
      My advice
      - Follow srict BRM .. At LEAST 50BIs in the 1$, later even 100BI or more so you feel comfortable
      - Get a sample (at least 1000 SNGs)
      - Get good at ICM
      - Try to play more tables
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      The TAF programs is a great bankroll booster while on the micros. I cashed $150 from Nov and Dec 2009 from it.

As for the SnGs:
      - play the $2 with at least $100 bankroll

- play the $6 with at least $450 bankroll

- play the $11 with at least $1100 bankroll

- dedicate a lot of time to ICM trainer. I've trained with it so much that now I can get 96-97% with over 300 situations and I still not comfortable and aiming for the 98%

- set a goal for some volume for the month. I am aiming at at least 700 SnGs per month

- Multitable! I am playing at 8-9-10 tables depending on my mood but some ppl play comfortably at 16-17 tables at a time.

- be patient. I've had 400 SnG break even and then 50 buyins down for 150 SnGs while playing as good as I can.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Atoks
      Any form of poker u pick will require patience and dedication. Since ur still building up ur bankroll I'd say it'd be best for u to play the type of poker u enjoy the most. As u said playing for cents per hour rather than dollars per hour isn't all that great so fun is the biggest factor for u right now.
      +1

also bear in mind that SNG is very very swingy