Is it worth to play micro stackes SNGs ?

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hello!
      I ve been playing SNGs mostly at stackes 2,25$, and I am not able to climb to the levels I want.
      I received 50$ starting capitol, somehow climbed to 100$ and after downswing of 40$ I am not able to move to the directions I would like to.
      I play 4 table and if I win one I usuall lose other 4, or sometimes I win 3out of 4, but than lose due some bad decisions,coin flips or bad beats.
      I played for 3h now and when my session is over I am 3$ good.
      I mean 3$ for 3h of playing-Geee :rolleyes:

So I figured that maybe playing some other variaton of poker till climb to higher levels would be better.
      I am of stating with SSS, I am pretty sure I would earn more than 1$ per hour :) .

So what do you think guys?

cheers
  • 6 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Any form of poker u pick will require patience and dedication. Since ur still building up ur bankroll I'd say it'd be best for u to play the type of poker u enjoy the most. As u said playing for cents per hour rather than dollars per hour isn't all that great so fun is the biggest factor for u right now.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Actually the way that i managed to get something going with my 50$ was playing SNG's. Played a little from everything but they weren't as profitable as sng's. your choice though.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      THx for replys.
      I dont know, why but I just cant profite from it in long run.
      In most cases it looks and feels like I am going in neverending circle of losing and cover loses with winnings,but not menage to build bankroll.
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      THx for replys.
      I dont know, why but I just cant profite from it in long run.
      In most cases it looks and feels like I am going in neverending circle of losing and cover loses with winnings,but not menage to build bankroll.
      My advice
      - Follow srict BRM .. At LEAST 50BIs in the 1$, later even 100BI or more so you feel comfortable
      - Get a sample (at least 1000 SNGs)
      - Get good at ICM
      - Try to play more tables
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      The TAF programs is a great bankroll booster while on the micros. I cashed $150 from Nov and Dec 2009 from it.

As for the SnGs:
      - play the $2 with at least $100 bankroll

- play the $6 with at least $450 bankroll

- play the $11 with at least $1100 bankroll

- dedicate a lot of time to ICM trainer. I've trained with it so much that now I can get 96-97% with over 300 situations and I still not comfortable and aiming for the 98%

- set a goal for some volume for the month. I am aiming at at least 700 SnGs per month

- Multitable! I am playing at 8-9-10 tables depending on my mood but some ppl play comfortably at 16-17 tables at a time.

- be patient. I've had 400 SnG break even and then 50 buyins down for 150 SnGs while playing as good as I can.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Atoks
      Any form of poker u pick will require patience and dedication. Since ur still building up ur bankroll I'd say it'd be best for u to play the type of poker u enjoy the most. As u said playing for cents per hour rather than dollars per hour isn't all that great so fun is the biggest factor for u right now.
      +1

also bear in mind that SNG is very very swingy