[NL2-NL10] Nl10sh - AQo

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($11.57)
      CO ($10.94)
      Hero (UTG) ($10.96)
      BB ($10)
      SB ($13.43)
      Button ($11.92)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, Q
      Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, CO raises $1.30, 3 folds, Hero raises $3.00, CO calls $1.70

Flop: ($6.15) Q, 9, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.38, 1 fold

Total pot: $6.15

Villian is 18/13/1.7 (VPIP/PFR/AF)with 3-bet 11%(29% from cutoff) but only 118hands. Firstly should I just shove flop and be done with it?? Should I 4-bet more/less?? Is this a good idea to 4-bet instead of just push all-in?? How to play versus cold call 4-bet??
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

He 3bet you in the first place so he's "cold" calling the 4bet. I'm fine making a stand with AQo there provided your gameflow reads support the stats you have, because really 120 hands for 3betting positional stats isn't that accurate.

4betting size depends what you want to accomplish. If you want to get AQo in for value, choose the size more likely to make him continue. If you're more like making a stand with an okay hand and you'd be fine with him just going away, choose the size more likely to make him fold. Personally i think you'll encounter tags with polarized 3betting range more often than tags with a wide value 3betting range, meaning you'll mostly get lots of fold from bluffs and get 5bet by hands that trump yours. So you want him to fold mostly. If he's the type to put you on AK when you shove don't do it, otherwise it's fine. As played i'd likely make it a little bigger so he doesn't get that good of a price on a call, people calling 4bets in position are a real plague lately when you don't have a good handle on their range for doing so.

On the flop frankly it's about the same deal, you're getting stacked by sets and overpairs anyway, he's never folding KQ if he has that, so what do you think look weakest to hands like TT-JJ? If you think you can rep AK-high better by just shoving do it, otherwise go with the ~1/2 c-bet and shove any turn.

Hope it helps.