Rakeback question..and more

• HerbGuy
      HerbGuy
      Bronze
      I hope these questions aren’t too long and dumb but I just have to ask…

Rakeback…I don’t quite understand how it works but it seems a very important part to maximizing your money at a poker site. Years ago I signed up to as many sites as I could and played freeroll after freeroll. I won a number of these and built some decent bankrolls. Some of these sites I tired of and just withdrew my money and other sites I eventually lost it all. I left online poker due to personal reasons but now have the opportunity to get back into it. So I’m guessing now that I’m out of luck for getting any rakeback at most sites is that true? Is that a big loss? Should I be trying to play sites where I can get rakeback and forget about the main sites I have accounts with? I have some money at Pokerstars and was wanted to reload at FT and maybe even Titan. I like Cake but the traffic is a bit slow.

Using the SSS and the SnG Strategy I’ve been doing well and finishing in the money most every time..other than when I mess up playing multi-tables. I’ve noticed on Cake that the NL10 tables have a lot of the same people doing multi-tables. Should that be a concern at all? I guess I wonder if these guys might try to feed on this little fish if they see me jumping in and out of games when I hit $2.50?
  • 3 replies
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      I believe u can get rake back by registering ur accounts through pokerstrategy although i'm not sure where to find it or how it works and not all sites do rakeback but u should find everything u need on this site.Sorry i couldn't help more
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      Ok,click on home on ths site and then profile settings to register ur accounts. That should get u rake back if the sites u play do offer a rakeback.
    • inf4my
      inf4my
      Bronze
      It's very very unlikely that you will get RB if you already made an account at a site.

The good news though, is that if you put in a decent amount of volume, many sites offer RB in the form of cash bonuses, and if you do the calculations you'll see that often times the bonuses are more than the 27% RB that is offered at Full Tilt.

If you only play a few thousand hands per month though, then you will suffer from not having RB for sure.