Merit Points

• s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      Hey guys
      I just started playing FL on bet365. Of course I read the posts about how crapy the site is after i chose it, as i don't have a time limit to clean the Bonus :-) but have to pick up a lot of points.
      I was wondering how does the PS calculate the 1$ rake from bet365? its 1$ rake to 4 Strategy Points. Do they then check how much merit points you have, and according to Bet365 Site, and give it than to you?
      thanks
  • 6 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi s1m0nmp,

bet365 automatically do all the calculations for their players and forward the data for all the linked PokerStrategy accounts. It is from this data that your PokerStrategy points are worked out and credited to you.

There maybe a slight delay sometimes between earning merit points and your PokerStrategy home page being updated whilst the data is received and uploaded.

Best regards,

Bart
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      I'm sorry to ask but i now don't get how do you get Strategy Points corresponding to Merit Points.
      How are the Strategy Points accumulated in correspondence to Merit Points????
      E.G.
      Last night I played beginners low stake FL .10/.20, as I am beginner, and I got about 8 Merit Points which corresponds to close 2$ rake, actually 1.7$. 1.7$ rake would give me about 4 plus 2 or 3 Strategy Points if I'm correct... which I am according to Pokerstrategy site:
      bet365 $1 Rake = 4 StrategyPoints
      Unfortunately on my pokerstrategy portal stands:
      08 Jan 10 1.7, and last week Points 2????
      As I understand: that is supposed to be Raked Money and not Strategy Points... I should have got at least 4 Strategy Points???
      I just want to get this things clear not to wonder all the time...
      If some on can clarify me this it would mean a lot
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Hey;

I'm sorry but there's not an answer you'd like. Those points dont tell you how much rake you paid, because you dont get MP only when you win the pot (the only situation when you pay rake actually), but also when you put money into the raked pot (no matter whether you folded on flop or saw the showdown).

But on the other hand, PokerStrategy gets part of the rake you actually paid and allocate StrategyPoints according to that info.

All in all, SP are not related to MP in any way. Although there may be some corelation in the long run, it's impossible to say some ratio in general.
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation... thats all i needed...
      PS: you still produce some rake when you don't win, although its not taken exactly form you:-)
      thanks again.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      you're welcome :)

Originally posted by s1m0nmp
      PS: you still produce some rake when you don't win, although its not taken exactly form you:-)
      you contribute to pot, but you're not the one who pays the rake in the hand if you dont win ;)
    • henryOh
      henryOh
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've just started playing on bet365 on the 0.05/0.10 fixed limit tables and when there are no 10seat tables at this limit in progress then I drop down onto 0.02/0.04. I have earned merit points on some of the tables I've played but on others where I have had almost identical stats interms of money bet, money won, hands and time spent at the table and I have recieved no points. I have noticed that this has happened more than once at the same table, are there some tables on which you don't recieve merit points? If so how do you know which these are before playing on them?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this for me