SH help

• loop2troop
      loop2troop
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I have been playing on the stars and it went really good. Since I started on Mansion I turned to -35bb/100 looser over (4K sample sofar). I am not really aware what chenged (me or opponents), but could somebody help me evaluate my database or do me a sweat?

Can it be variance or there has to be BIG leak in my game?

Does anybody has a comparison of microlimits on Mansion and Pokerstars?

If this seems as whining post then sorry, I am just trying to find my leaks but I am not able to do so alone.
  • 12 replies
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Why did you ditch Stars over Mansion?
    • loop2troop
      loop2troop
      Bronze
      Its complicated and dont know if its relevant. :)

I checked your blog I like it a lot.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      It is relevant because ever since you switched cardrooms you have been losing. Maybe the environment at Mansion has put you off your game ie change in software? Maybe there are more fish at Mansion so you are loosening up when instead you should tighten up? Anyways thanks for complementing my blog. Feel free to drop a line and I'll do the same if you have one too.

As for your problem. It is probably a combination of the two, leaks and variance. I suggest you take advantage of HEM or PT3 to find leaks in your game. Also if you haven't already done so, post your hands using the PS hand converter, onto the hand evaluation threads where professional hand judges can tell you where you have gone wrong. Also if you have Skype give me an add - joronamo and I'll sweat your sessions using the software and invite you to a study group I am apart of where you will be meet some friends from this site who are taking poker very seriously. Thats what its all about!
    • loop2troop
      loop2troop
      Bronze
      just added you .. :)
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      If you post your stats i'll take a look at them, maybe there are some obvious leaks.
      The interesting ones are:
      VPIP
      PFR
      WTS
      W$WSF
      AF
      AF per street
      VPIP per position (for all positions)
      PFR per position (for all positions)
      Maybe the 3bet% and the 3bet% per position
      Flop-cbet%
      Steal%
      Steal% per position for CO, BU, SB

That should be the most important ones.

Once you posted the stats you can report this thread so i get an email. This makes sure i'll take another look in here as quick as possible.
    • jrc4ever
      jrc4ever
      Bronze
      sry for hijacking this thread, but maybe you can look at my stats too...

thank you!
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Talk about hijacking ... I highly recommend NO ONE click on those images. Pop-ups galore...

Use imageshack.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Talk about hijacking ... I highly recommend NO ONE click on those images. Pop-ups galore...

Use imageshack.
      Edit: I have adblock plus and noscript and it's ok.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces

Use imageshack.
      hmm, chrome blocked pop-ups for me :) . but perhaps they should be removed if they usually cause popups and replaced.

Primzi
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jrc4ever
      sry for hijacking this thread, but maybe you can look at my stats too...
      Positional stats:
      You're looser in the SB than on the Button.
      In general your positional stats show that you seem to raise a bit too loose in early pos. and maybe a bit too tight on the button.

Try to get tighter in the blinds!

Overall-stats:
      Seem ok although we've seen the positional stats are most likely suboptimal.
      WTSD seems a bit high especially since your won@SD is below 50%.
      But you're pretty aggro so if you compensate that with non-SD winnings it's not a problem at all. The won@sd is below 50% because you're getting caught with bluffs sometimes but at the same time there are enough bluffs that work to make the overall-play +EV.

I don't know about the "SB reraise steal" and "BB reraise steal", I never used them.
      But SB folded to steal and BB folded to steal seem way too low, you're constantly getting in pots OOP with hands that are easily dominated and/or have bad playability.
    • jrc4ever
      jrc4ever
      Bronze
      thank you!

yeah, i play pretty loose, but I'm trying to get tighter...

and i play many hands OOP... gonna try to change that...

thx
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Looseness is not a problem by itself, but if you're loose in the wrong spot it is.
      So first of all I'd try to tighten up in the blinds and UTG.